PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER OBS QUESTION - SORRY!

Sarahbelle
01-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Yesterday whilst out playing at one of the toddler groups, I noticed that my 2 yr old mindee was fascinated with a toy helicopter. He kept hold of it for the entire session. He twirled the rotor blade round and round and said copter, fly in the sky and waved it around with his hand.

I thought I would do an obs around this. I know that I can add some toy helicopters to my transport box, Visit the library to find some books and stories on helicopters, make a helicopter model from junk, but what area does it come under? KUW?

sarah707
01-10-2009, 12:40 PM
The observation you have mentioned could go under Cll because he says the name or perhaps Pd as he uses his hands to move the rotor... or even Psed because he grew close to a particular toy.

As you extend his interest, you will add others from the 6 areas eg kuw learning about helicopters, psed sharing resources...

Sounds like fun! :D

Sarahbelle
01-10-2009, 01:30 PM
Thanks Sarah. I am still trying to perfect a system that works for me. Whilst doing this I have noted that I not getting any obs for KUW. I have plenty of things in photo diary that shows them doing stuff, but no obs with next steps for this area. I don't know at the mo whether this is cos I haven't seen anything or whether I have just completely missed the entire area of development:eek:

I thought I had got to grips with the EYFS but obviously not! Feeling very down in the dumps cos nothing seems to be working the way I want it too!:(

Rach30
01-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Ah i would have put this under KUW cos he knew that it flew in the sky. Difficult isn't it could be all of them :)

Annie_T
03-10-2009, 03:45 PM
it can go under how many you think it should go under .. does not have to just go under one area, what instructor told me anyhow on course.

Chanelle
03-10-2009, 09:12 PM
Most observations will cover more than 1 area of development.

On my observation sheet I have a box where I type out the Debvelopment matters that it has covered. I loist it with title and which one. I find it is better to cover more then one as gives you more options to thread into your next steps.

Hope this helps :)

Sarahbelle
04-10-2009, 08:27 PM
Thanks for your replies. I've decided it is going under KUW:D . Think I will keep an eye out for obs and planning course. Hope one comes up soon.