PDA

View Full Version : OOps i slept in this morning!

Minstrel
01-10-2009, 09:40 AM
And woke up to mindee and mum ringing doorbell at7.30 am :blush:

I was soooo embarrassed! Have had a couple of bad nights with my son who's poorly with a bad cold and last night he slept right through as did i!!

What makes it worse was that he's new and it was only his second morning.

I did apologise profusely but what else can i do??? :panic:

zillervalley
01-10-2009, 09:43 AM
horrid when you do that , i have done that twice over the years you feel so silly,

it knocks you to pot all day i think

hope the rest of the day goes ok

ziller

cher25
01-10-2009, 09:47 AM
And woke up to mindee and mum ringing doorbell at7.30 am :blush:

What makes it worse was that he's new and it was only his second morning.

I did apologise profusely but what else can i do??? :panic:

LOL. I also slept in this morning, woke when my new mindee was knocking on the door at 8.15 am. Only his second day with me aswell.
Although i have slept in a few times with my full time mindee, and that is worse as he arrives after 9.00 am. :blush:

Blackhorse
01-10-2009, 09:49 AM
I slept in too...but I woke up at 7.25 and mindees not here till 7.45

I was worried that if I had slept a bit longer it would have also been mindees mum that would have woken me...

Dont worry to much about it...it shouldnt really impace th mindees anyways?? and if you explain to mum that your little one was not well I am sure she'll understand...although I know I would feel exactly like you!!

Lady Haha
I did that once, woken by the doorbell! In my ystate I tried to turn it round into mums fault!!! She had turned up at 7.20am instead of 7.30am and I sleepily said 'You're early!', but once I had woken up a bit I realised that she must have been thinking I should still have been out of bed ten mins before her start time! I sent her a text later in the day to apologise!

grindal
I would soooooo love to lie in till gone 9am again! DS1 and 2 wake up between 5.15 and 6am every morning - and I am sure they will continue to do so forever! 6am is a bit of a lie in here :eek:

Mollymop
01-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Oh I hate it when that happens, but so far I have done it while childminding, but I have done it in the past when I used to care for my Niece and Nephew. It makes you feel out of sorts for the rest of the day

What I do it set my alarm 3 times - first alarm goes off at 5.30am, then i go tback to sleep, the 2nd alarm goes off at 6.30 and I just lay in bed trying to wake up and the third at 6.35 then I get up.

If I had just one alarm go off I would never get up! :rolleyes: :) :)

Mollymop
01-10-2009, 09:54 AM
I would soooooo love to lie in till gone 9am again! DS1 and 2 wake up between 5.15 and 6am every morning - and I am sure they will continue to do so forever! 6am is a bit of a lie in here :eek:

How old are they? My ds is 10 and DD is 5, they get up early on weekends, at about 7, but I lay in til about 9. They get up and get dressed and play the computer or watch tv, while I am snoozing. I have been doing this since DD was about 3, when she used to come in my bed and read her books. I am lazy

Rubybubbles
01-10-2009, 10:26 AM
How old are they? My ds is 10 and DD is 5, they get up early on weekends, at about 7, but I lay in til about 9. They get up and get dressed and play the computer or watch tv, while I am snoozing. I have been doing this since DD was about 3, when she used to come in my bed and read her books. I am lazy

I do the same with my children:littleangel: they are 5 and 7, although most weekends we have to set the alarm for clubs and things as they could sleep all day:D

Hubby sets his alarm 10 mins before mine, then mine goes off at 6:45, then his goes off about 5 mins after:laughing: again!!

Minstrel
01-10-2009, 10:34 AM
oh i'm glad i'm not the only one then! I feel all out of sorts now and still really tired- like i havent woken up properly!

He's 6 and sensible so i legged it upstairs and threw clothes on and after school run i came back and showered and everything else.

dont know whether to bring it up again later at pick up or just let it go and hope she forgets quickly now ?

youarewhatyoueat
01-10-2009, 10:41 AM
I've been up since 4.30 and i'm not working till this afternoon, I had to take my dd to catch a coach to germany at 5am, I am struggling to stay awake now but it would be sooooo embarrassing if mum rang the door in an hours time to find me asleep,lol.

kindredspirits
01-10-2009, 11:10 AM
i set two alarms! :D i have had it where i've literally been pulling on clean underwear when the doorbell has gone - but that was because mindee was 20 mins early! :eek:

Pudding Girl
01-10-2009, 11:11 AM
You apologised to her, end of. Nothing else you need to do :)

miffy
01-10-2009, 11:56 AM
I wouldn't mention it again either unless the parent does. You've apologised and that's all you can do.

Must be the day for it - my alarm didn't go off this morning either!

Miffy xx