PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of this...

Blackhorse
01-10-2009, 08:55 AM
mindee m is with me from 8.45 in the mornings.
I pick him up from his house as it is on the way to the school I drop off.
so mum knows he will be on the school /nursery run in the morning

college pays mums fees. when she heard that breakfast is included in my fees she decided that I should give him it instead of her as he gets up late in the mornings anyways. ok no problem there

but today he got up early...so she tells me: he got up at 7 so he will be really hungry for his breakfast...he only had 1 bottle.

why did she not give him something to eat...knowing he got up earlier and will be hungry...and will have to wait until back home after school run at 9.30ish....

??????

PixiePetal
01-10-2009, 08:58 AM
Because breakfast is included silly !

Of course she wouldn't give him any if you are going to give it and she has paid for it in fees. :rolleyes:

sarah707
01-10-2009, 09:12 AM
Sorry Blackhorse but I think you're being a little slow this morning!

YOU are paid to do it! :rolleyes: :D

Blackhorse
01-10-2009, 09:51 AM
maybe with a few more years of experience these kinds of things wont surprise me either anymore...

but for the love of money....a piece of toast and abit of butter...:rolleyes:

~Chelle~
01-10-2009, 10:10 AM
I had this with an ex mindee with was 3 at the time. Was supposed to have him from 8am and got a text to say running late can I collect at 9am, after school run.

Collected him and he was crying, she said that he has the right hump, as he been up since 5am!! I got him in the car and asked him what was wrong and he said.................... I am hungry!:mad:

Seriously, nothing suprises me anymore with this job:rolleyes:

mabel
01-10-2009, 11:13 AM
most of my under 5's expect breakfast here and they are happy to wait until after 9 !

cuddlybunny38
01-10-2009, 11:45 AM
I have this with 2 of mine, I have them only one day a week, have for a over a year always done breakfast, lunch etc. Well a few times the older one who is 4 has said to me she has had breakfast at home but still eats what I provide( which i dont mind giving). A few times they leave it and have on quite a few occasions put a message in communication book and said when collected that they didnt eat breakfast. Yesterday the older one had her breakfast but the 18 mth old didnt touch hers( was the same last week). When collected did tell parent and they said `oh well she had 2 breakfasts this morning as the elder one left hers` Why cant they tell us, lol, this is why I probley have trouble with her having lunch later as she is son full.

miffy
01-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Because breakfast is included silly !

Of course she wouldn't give him any if you are going to give it and she has paid for it in fees. :rolleyes:

That's it, in a nutshell.

I've known parents ask if a child can be given a packed tea if they're being collected early :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

peanuts
01-10-2009, 11:54 AM
i only provide breakfast up to 8 o'clock int he morning as i have my own kids to get ready for school. If any arrive after 8am they know that i dont have time to sit them down and be out the door by 20 past 8. Any later than that and we are late for school by the time we walk there.

Blackhorse
01-10-2009, 12:10 PM
i only provide breakfast up to 8 o'clock int he morning as i have my own kids to get ready for school. If any arrive after 8am they know that i dont have time to sit them down and be out the door by 20 past 8. Any later than that and we are late for school by the time we walk there.

maybe I should put a time limit on breakfast as well.will do that for the next mindees...
good idea!

Rach30
01-10-2009, 01:44 PM
:laughing: A packed tea ??!!!!! OMG do they really think you have nothing better to do :panic:

sunnysmile
01-10-2009, 02:41 PM
I think a stipulated time scale is a good idea, otherwise you could be giving breakfast to 10am arrivals :laughing:

Daftbat
01-10-2009, 03:27 PM
Nothing surprisees me with parents anymore! Its diabolical of the mother to do that - its almost neglect:angry:

Tatjana
01-10-2009, 03:28 PM
She clearly couldn't be bothered and let him wait for you to feed him!:eek:

xx