PDA

View Full Version : NVQ /DHC

Kirsty
28-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Hi everyone

I am currently studying Diploma in Home Based Childcare but struggling to fit it in with going to college, doing assignment and working. I was wondering if anyone can tell me about the NVQ 2 and 3 in Childcare as considering going in that direction instead. Many thanks

sarah707
28-02-2008, 09:06 PM
I did an NVQ3 home study a few years ago - lots of paperwork, lots of which can be obs of you done by your assessor...

I spent a day a week in the local school so I could do all the assignments with relevant children and resources as well but if you have lots of children of different ages you wouldn't need to do that.

I enjoyed it but can't compare for you as I haven't done the other one. :D

Noodles
28-02-2008, 09:14 PM
I completed my NVQ3 in July last year and found it really easy. I think it is because it is completed at home and dont need to go out to college on a night.

Tatia
03-03-2008, 10:17 AM
I like the NVQ because it is portable whereas Home Based is more restricted. You probably could go straight on to Level 3 and not have to do Level 2 at all. I was told that an NVQ Level 3 was the correct level for childminders as we are running our own business.

I went to college one night a week but never got much accomplished. I did most of my work at home or round a friend's who was on the same course. The work is not particularly hard but there can be a lot of it! Some of it was just like slogging through to get it done but mostly I found it really interesting and very helpful.

avril
03-03-2008, 12:04 PM
I completed the nvq3 Dec 2007 and found it enjoyable and fairly easy obs, research, common sense and done in the comfort of my own home with the assessor coming out to visit at a time suitable to me.

Avril x:)