PDA

View Full Version : Over 8's?

Cakes
30-09-2009, 08:00 PM
I am soooo confused i have now got to fill in a form for my vacancy co-ordinator, it is asking me how many over 8 vacancies i have(newly registered no children on books yet and haven't got a clue!) Had a bit of a search on a site recommended by our local auth and it states..ofsted rules on compulsary register are 6 minded children to every over 18yr old care provider thats got to be just nurseries???
I thought we could have as many over 8's as we are covered for insurance wise as long as it dosn't affect the care of the under 8's.

Which is right and how am i gonna work out how many over 8 vacancies i have???:confused:

sarah707
01-10-2009, 09:04 AM
I can care for 10 children - total - insured by Morton Michel.

I have vacancies for over 8s depending on how many under 8s I have at the time.

It's not a question you can really answer, how odd :rolleyes:

youarewhatyoueat
01-10-2009, 12:09 PM
if you are just caring for over 7's under ncma insurance the maximum allowed is 6 children aged 8 to 15 perhaps thats what it is referring to.

miffy
01-10-2009, 12:17 PM
It sounds like they just want a number to put in the box - you could see how many children you're insured for then deduct the number of under eights you're registered for plus your own children and enter the number that's left!

But of course you could opt to care for more over eights if you haven't filled your under eights spaces.

Sorry, that's not much help is it? It's a daft question really :laughing:

Miffy xx

Cakes
01-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Thanks for trying to answer that strange one for me everyone. :thumbsup:

It still dosn't make much sense to me so i just gave the form to the VC without filling that bit in and explained i didn't have a clue:blush:.
Looking at my NCMA insurance policy now i can have up to 12 children but it confuses matters even more when i also have 5 children of my own, but i am sure they aren't included in the 12 as your own children aren't insured under that policy.(please correct me if i'm wrong???).

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come, i haven't even started minding yet and the paperwork is confusing me :laughing:

Keeley x

youarewhatyoueat
01-10-2009, 04:10 PM
They are included in the policy you can not have more than 12 in the house under the ncma policy including your own so you can have 7 minded children.
Ring ncma they will clear it up for you but you also have to be careful with the ncma policy as they insure you for 6 under7's and 6 over 8's and I didn't think you could change that unless you have it on your ofsted certificate that you can care for more than 6 over 8's but do check to make sure.
The way I was told is the insurance is for 12 maximum in the house 6 under or 6 over not 4 under and 8 over does that make sense.
I have 4 children 2 under 7's and 2 over so I can only have 4 more of each. I hope that makes sense .lol!!

Andrea08
01-10-2009, 04:13 PM
I can have 6 children under 8yrs and 6 over 8's, look to see if your on the register and the "Back " of your insurance (ncma)
if not sure ask ofsted in an e-mail that way you get your answer in writing
good luckxxx

hannah714
05-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Hi, I'm in the process of becoming register in Scotland and stumbled upon this question, does anyone know whether the rules are the same up here as i'm starting to get a little confused too!?!?!