PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Dressing Up Clothes?

peggy
28-02-2008, 02:00 PM
I can't seem to find reasonably priced stuff anywhere!

I have non at all so wanted to get a few different costumes, especially real life e.g. police officer, nurse, doctor, but I am astounded at how much it is gonna cost me, just wondered if anyone knew where I could get it cheap?

Thanks!

xx

deeb66
28-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Hi Peggy

I have found that the best place is ebay

Obviously depends on how many people are bidding but I have got some real bargains from there in the past.

The other one to watch out for is Woolies.........sometimes there dressing up stuff is in the sale

Spangles
28-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Hi Peggy

There was a post on this exact subject the other day, even with the same title I think near enough.

I will see if I can find it.

emler
28-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Asda also do lots of dressing up clothes and they're usually quite reasonable.
Other than that, check out any local charity shops or car boot sales - you could pick up some bargains there

Emler x

Spangles
Here you go

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=3921&highlight=dressing

yummymummy
Hi Peggy, It is really expensive isn't it! I got a nurse and doctor set from a car boot sale and have recently been looking on ebay. Hope you find something. X

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
28-02-2008, 02:23 PM
Hi

I got a few bits of ebay and they were really cheap.

Lorraine xx

peggy
28-02-2008, 02:23 PM
Cool! Thanks everyone!

(Thanks v much for the link lorri!)

Spangles
28-02-2008, 02:24 PM
You're welcome.

staciew1985
28-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Hello just thought i would add my local asda has lots of different outfits some of the ones you mentioned and most are pretty well priced so take a look at adsa if you haven't already x

katiec
28-02-2008, 05:05 PM
home and bargain has a small range including police, builder, doctor, princess all priced at £2.99 also check out your local charity shops you can get some great bargains.

Katie

elaineg
28-02-2008, 08:13 PM
I get most of mine from ebay.

love Elaine XX

louise
28-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Get to know someone in a charity shop. My son has loads as my mum works in the charity shop. i think we have only brought him a fireman and buliders jacket. Oh also freecycle my mum got batman and spiderman.
lou

miffy
28-02-2008, 09:09 PM
Woolies had lots of dressing up clothes half price last week and also ssome were BOGOF

Miffy xx

fionamal
28-02-2008, 09:10 PM
I get alot of mine from woolies in their half price sale and Ebay.

John
29-02-2008, 12:38 AM
home and bargain has a small range including police, builder, doctor, princess all priced at £2.99 also check out your local charity shops you can get some great bargains.

Katie

It's Surprising what you can get from charity shops, i have got a quit afew things in the dressing up department from them. If it's not a doctors or nurses outfit etc you can get other clothing to dress up in. A few months ago i filled a large box with dressing up things from charity shops plus afew toys that the children love playing with.

I know afew people that don't like the charity shops don't no why? it's better getting a item costing a cupple of pounds the spending loads on something that a child might brack or tear. As long as you have a good look at the item before you buy making sure it's save and all the peices are there. I have a 9 year old that likes going to the charity shops with me and if he like someting i'll get it if most of the children can use it. One problem is if i don't buy it he asks is mum if she can get it for him, so sometimes i wounder if it's ok for me to take the child as is it's not fair on his mum.

But inall these shops are good for fordable toys and dressing up things.

John.

miffy
29-02-2008, 05:08 AM
I agree with you John I've had lots of bargains from charity shops and when you've finished with them you can give them back again

Miffy xx

Cheeky Chops
29-02-2008, 08:58 PM
hey!!

I agree with John here, charity shops are great for all sorts of bits n bobs! I found some nice sari's there and I also have just a few sparkly pieces of cloth that the children wrap themselves up in, you know like fine muslin etc. Its amazing to see their imagination go!!!

other than that, home bargains has some good stuff, also woolies is good too!! I also find asda's great and if you remember to check elc for sale things, halloween etc, they bring all that stuff right down! xxx

Schnakes
29-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Primark do pyjamas that are nurses and pirates for ridiculously cheap rpices. I would also reccomend charity shops though. In my locals Ive recently bought:

a Japanese kimono (£1.55)
a proper stetson (£2.75) (although now the kids want the chaps and guns etc!!!)
Indian style shoes (you know- the pointy embroidered types) £2.45
lacy gloves (£1.50)
a feather boa (£1.75)
and loads of hats from £1.50.
And thats just within the last couple of weeks!!

I also put an ad on freecylce which so far has got me diddly squat, but its still worth asking!!!

As others have said - Ebay is your friend!

I will say one more thing, and I hope I dont sound patronsiing here - the kids are more than happy to dress up in proper clothes...I dont even bother getting "fantasy" costumes anymore, because the in the charity shops you can reap such a harvest. Especially if you are good with a needle and thread (or in my case - a few safety pins here and there!! :D )

Sx

Delly
29-02-2008, 10:16 PM
GRrrrr I sold loads of my dressing up stuff on ebay last year, (perhaps to some of you... lol!!)

all the stuff our eldest had grown out of ..... that was before I started thinking of minding... well annoyed now... gonna have to start all again....