PDA

View Full Version : Perfect christmas peresents for the parents of mindees?

venus89
30-09-2009, 05:08 PM
If you were going to give your mindees parents a christmas present in a parallel reality, what would you give them and why?

Mine would all get a watch with a preset alarm so they knew when to drop off and pick up their child. Why oh why is that such a difficult thing to do on time?! One of mine today was going to btring their child to me from 9-2. In reality the child was here 9.30-3 :rolleyes: .

What would you give?

xx

HomefromHome
30-09-2009, 05:10 PM
on other cm's experience.... a parenting book!!!!!:laughing:

venus89
30-09-2009, 05:11 PM
on other cm's experience.... a parenting book!!!!!:laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

PixiePetal
30-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Yes, a book which tells them appropriate clothing for their child for all weathers and activities :laughing:

breezy
30-09-2009, 05:20 PM
I'm with you on the alarm clock/watch and i'd team it up with a healthy eating book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lady Haha
30-09-2009, 05:43 PM
I would buy my parents a fancy swish pen in box etc........then they would be able to fill in questionaires, holiday notice forms, sign contract reviews etc etc etc

And maybe some reading glasses to enable them to see the newsletter as the print is obviously just a blur to them at the moment.

Alibali
30-09-2009, 05:45 PM
A diary so they can remember all those important dates, like when your cms holidays are!!

pinklady
30-09-2009, 07:11 PM
An extra special gift experience...to swap lives with me for a day.:D Then they can see what we have to do.

Mollymop
30-09-2009, 07:19 PM
MIne would be an book entitled - How Not To Patronize People
and a coats for their children

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
30-09-2009, 07:19 PM
a tattoo

of our contracts on the insides of their eyelids so everytime they closed thier eyes they would see it:clapping:

venus89
30-09-2009, 07:32 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Think I would have to get mine all of the above

avril
30-09-2009, 07:38 PM
A lesson on how to teach their children manners - a please or a thank you is all I'm asking for :rolleyes: Some of the children look at me as though I am asking them to recite the Greek alphabet!

Twinkles
30-09-2009, 07:45 PM
A 'How To Really Appreciate Your Childminder' book.

Chapter 1. Really read their policies. So you are not shocked when asked not to bring a calpol laden poorly child.

Chapter 2. Remember your childminder may want to have a life too !

Chapter 3. Why your childminder insists on being paid.:panic:

Chapter 4. How to pick up your child - on time! ( Childminders attach a strange importance to this unusual concept.)

Chapter 5. Do childminders really need holidays ?

Chapter 6. How to nod and smile sympathetically when your childminder rants about Ofsted.

so far......................

breezy
30-09-2009, 08:42 PM
think they'll struggle on chapter 2:laughing:

TheBTeam
30-09-2009, 09:00 PM
A mobile phone contract, cos i am fed up with the no credit excuse for not letting you know when they are late, not turning up, and anything else you may need to know!

THEIR OWN CHILD FOR THE DAY, because some of them are not happy that they have to have their own child with them for them even for the day, so maybe if the child was gift wrapped they might at least look happy to get it!

miffy
30-09-2009, 09:02 PM
A new memory so that they will never forget to tell you

- they are going to arrive early and/or pick up late

- their dear lo was up half the night with sickness/diarrhoea or both

- they have changed their mobile/work/house phone number

- they are on holiday and you will not be able to contact them on any of the above numbers, even if you had them!

Miffy xx

Cazz
30-09-2009, 10:32 PM
A 'How To Really Appreciate Your Childminder' book.

Chapter 1. Really read their policies. So you are not shocked when asked not to bring a calpol laden poorly child.

Chapter 2. Remember your childminder may want to have a life too !

Chapter 3. Why your childminder insists on being paid.:panic:

Chapter 4. How to pick up your child - on time! ( Childminders attach a strange importance to this unusual concept.)

Chapter 5. Do childminders really need holidays ?

Chapter 6. How to nod and smile sympathetically when your childminder rants about Ofsted.

so far......................

:laughing: :laughing:

I think you should get writing that book!

Mouse
30-09-2009, 10:43 PM
I have to say, my parents are lovely...though a good helping of common sense wouldn't go amiss!

tashaleee
01-10-2009, 06:02 AM
Soap and washing powder - with instructions on how to use them and why! :rolleyes:

My mindees are lovely cute children - would just be nice if they smelt nice and wore clean clothes (and of course matching socks for a change) once in a while....... Would also be nice if one of them had a coat or fleece that was clean (for some reason one covered in food is considered suitable for me to use for the week, but when I see them at weekends they are wearing totally different clothes!) :mad:

The Juggler
01-10-2009, 08:44 AM
:laughing: :laughing:

I think you should get writing that book!

it'd be a bestseller:)

Jellytotzjulia
01-10-2009, 04:09 PM
A mobile phone contract, cos i am fed up with the no credit excuse for not letting you know when they are late, not turning up, and anything else you may need to know!

THEIR OWN CHILD FOR THE DAY, because some of them are not happy that they have to have their own child with them for them even for the day, so maybe if the child was gift wrapped they might at least look happy to get it!

yes defo this one, with all of the above as well plus a post it note saying "I have children, must remember to pick them up sometime today, & when with me look after & care for them!!":angry:

& I'm defo buying them the book!!:clapping:

Julia:thumbsup: