PDA

View Full Version : Under 25 and driving a 7 seater

kelzunique
30-09-2009, 03:16 PM
HI. I dont know why but i think ive heard before that if you are under 25 you cannot drive a 7 seater vehical. Has anybody else heard his. Ive done a quick google and cannot find anything tho. I desperatly need a 7 seater for work but im only 23...

Anyone?...:idea:

Pipsqueak
30-09-2009, 03:28 PM
I have never heard any restrictions like that before. It might be that your insurance it higher - given your age. It might be worth checking round a few insurance companies first and get some quotes

helenlc
30-09-2009, 03:48 PM
I have never heard that. What if you had 6 kids and needed a people carrier? Surely they wouldnt say you're not allowed cos of your age!

As PP said, it may be that your insurance will be higher due to the combination of your age and the engine size of the car.

Blackhorse
30-09-2009, 03:50 PM
the only thing I know is that usually car insurance tends to be more expensive for under 25s as they class you as higher risk due to lack of experience...
but I dont think it is illegal to drive a 7 seater as long as you have the appropriate drivers licence. :thumbsup:

amanda1309
30-09-2009, 04:10 PM
My sister was going to get a 7 seater before she was 25, there was no problem driving one, but a massive one trying to insure one. She got quotes for thousands of pounds.

This was a few years ago now and things might have changed.
hth

EllaBella
30-09-2009, 04:32 PM
iv never heard of anyhting like that, but like others say i bet the insurance will be high x

youarewhatyoueat
30-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Worth checking the insurance group of different 7 seaters before you buy.

liza
30-09-2009, 07:59 PM
HI. I dont know why but i think ive heard before that if you are under 25 you cannot drive a 7 seater vehical. Has anybody else heard his. Ive done a quick google and cannot find anything tho. I desperatly need a 7 seater for work but im only 23...

Anyone?...:idea:

Hi,

Are you sure you're not thinking about Mini buses (9 or more seats) If you passed your test after 1st jan 1997, you are not automatically entitled not drive a minbus, have to take a special test I think. But this doesn't apply to 7 seaters!!

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/WhatCanYouDriveAndYourObligations/DG_4022547

Worth checking you can get insurance ( at reasonable price) before buying one though.

Liz

mushpea
30-09-2009, 08:18 PM
not hered of that one, why dont you ring a couple of insurance companys and see what they say.

Chatterbox Childcare
30-09-2009, 09:09 PM
I rang my insurance company to see if my newly qualificed DS could drive my 8 seater and was told "as long as you pay the additional excess if he has an accident then no problem"