PDA

View Full Version : help needed with Fruit and Veg activities

mozarella
30-09-2009, 12:46 PM
I need to find things to do around this theme

I have some coloring pages

Doing a sweet potatoe in water and sticking eye on it and the "hair" will grow

Pumkin carving for halloween

doing a chart for each child where we could stick which veg and fruit they ate in the day

but i need something else, crafty

Moz

Noodles
30-09-2009, 12:50 PM
I was on an activity course once and they had fruit and veg peelings which the children were to make pictures with.
It was great fun as we all had to make a picture.
Also fruit and veg in a box with a hole in the top, child has to put hand in and try and guess what they are picking out :) :)

grindal
30-09-2009, 12:51 PM
I did some fruit tasting with mine and printed out loads of pics of fruits from the internet and they made a fruit salad plate using their favourite fruits from tasting. Could also do the same sort of thing with veg - either raw or as pizza toppings or something. Could also make some soup and smoothies.

heidi p
30-09-2009, 03:52 PM
what about veg printing chop veg in half and cut a pattern in the bottom they can use them as stampers
Also for older children peel an apple and make eyes nose and mouth using a blunt knife and watch it grow old over the next couple of days as it shrivels up.
Grow some seeds from the fruit or do carrot tops

mozarella
30-09-2009, 04:24 PM
thanks your ideas are good

Angela234
30-09-2009, 04:27 PM
What about a fruit or veg feelly bag/box

We done a fruit bowl once cut out bowl shape and paint then use fruit cut out card covered in tissue paper it looked really good younger ones just had cut up paper 3 year old ond over srunched (sp) the paper up and glued on.

Make smoothies/lollies

Paper plate have lots of pictures (already cut for little ones) scissors get children to cut and stick onto plate fruit and veg they like to eat

Rubybubbles
30-09-2009, 04:59 PM
read ngry caterpillar, and do some printouts linking to the story, matching the fruit with the days and amounts ect.

likes/dislikes paperplates

candy cat
30-09-2009, 07:26 PM
I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOVE THIS SITE!!!:)

Winnie
30-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Apple printing, two apples, one cut across (makes a star pattern) one cut down the middle, paint- red & green (or yellow). Make your own wrapping paper sheets.