LOOPYLISA
30-09-2009, 08:10 AM
:laughing:

Potato painting :D

venus89
30-09-2009, 08:13 AM
:laughing:

Potato painting :D

:laughing: :laughing: It's a thought - you think it was really a craft activity idea?! :laughing:

Twinkles
30-09-2009, 08:38 AM
One of mine did that once. She said 'He's got sweet potato for his lunch ' so I popped the bag in the fridge and when I got it out at lunchtime he did indeed have sweet potato , raw and unpeeled :rolleyes:

I'd have preferred it if she'd said 'Really sorry but had nothing in the house/ran out of time could you do a sandwich please '.

venus89
30-09-2009, 08:41 AM
One of mine did that once. She said 'He's got sweet potato for his lunch ' so I popped the bag in the fridge and when I got it out at lunchtime he did indeed have sweet potato , raw and unpeeled :rolleyes:

I'd have preferred it if she'd said 'Really sorry but had nothing in the house/ran out of time could you do a sandwich please '.

:laughing: I didn't even get a comment - just a potato :laughing:

Twinkles
30-09-2009, 08:44 AM
You should tell her he/she didn't eat much lunch and 'I didn't know you could eat raw potato ' :laughing:

mandy moo
30-09-2009, 09:25 AM
I would send LO home with potato paintings and see if she says anything:laughing: :laughing:

venus89
30-09-2009, 09:32 AM
I would send LO home with potato paintings and see if she says anything:laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Helen79
30-09-2009, 09:43 AM
yum, can I come round to yours for lunch today?

venus89
30-09-2009, 09:47 AM
yum, can I come round to yours for lunch today?

Sure - it's quite a big potato :D

Mouse
30-09-2009, 09:51 AM
That's really funny!

What are you supposed to do with it? Is there anything else to go with it?

OrlandoBelle
30-09-2009, 10:00 AM
Thats really funny.... made me want a jacket potato for lunch now though! Or elevensies!! Lol.

venus89
30-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Is there anything else to go with it?

No!! Well, unless you count the carrot..... :rolleyes:

Hebs
30-09-2009, 10:16 AM
honestly :rolleyes:

Allie
30-09-2009, 10:26 AM
One of my parents did that and like a mug I added cheese and marge, it then kept happening so I said if you want me to supplement LO lunch it will be £2 a time. Guess what it didn't happen again, some parent just try it on!

Allie

solly
30-09-2009, 10:49 AM
I have 2 mindees who turned up yesterday with no lunch at all, mum didnt say anything to me so oviously i fed them thinking it was a one off and maybe she just forgot.

Well...........................

Today they both came with a lunch box on investigation to see what was in there and in each lunch box is 1 piece of bread and nothing else:eek:

Mum does struggle she is on her own with 5 children, the youngest 22 months the oldest is 11 the two children ofen come to me in dirty clothes etc, and i do feel for the kids.

I will feed them a healthy lunch today and speak to mum tonight about it as i have never minded providing food, and least i know if they have eaten with me they have had something decent.

TheBTeam
30-09-2009, 11:33 AM
I have 2 mindees who turned up yesterday with no lunch at all, mum didnt say anything to me so oviously i fed them thinking it was a one off and maybe she just forgot.

Well...........................

Today they both came with a lunch box on investigation to see what was in there and in each lunch box is 1 piece of bread and nothing else:eek:

Mum does struggle she is on her own with 5 children, the youngest 22 months the oldest is 11 the two children ofen come to me in dirty clothes etc, and i do feel for the kids.

I will feed them a healthy lunch today and speak to mum tonight about it as i have never minded providing food, and least i know if they have eaten with me they have had something decent.

Yes but that doesn't excuse not feeding them, the job gets harder the more children you have, it is not an excuse to do less for them just because you have more! People could always stop having children if too many is too much hard work!:rolleyes:

LOOPYLISA
30-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Thats really funny.... made me want a jacket potato for lunch now though! Or elevensies!! Lol.

Ive just had a jacket potato for lunch, this thread mad me fancy one :thumbsup:

Mouse
30-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Ive just had a jacket potato for lunch, this thread mad me fancy one :thumbsup:

That's what I'm going to have!

LOOPYLISA
30-09-2009, 11:38 AM
That's what I'm going to have!

:laughing: :thumbsup:

helenlc
30-09-2009, 12:12 PM
I just had an omelette - you might want to remember that incase they turn up with a raw egg tomorrow!!!:laughing:

LOOPYLISA
30-09-2009, 12:15 PM
I just had an omelette - you might want to remember that incase they turn up with a raw egg tomorrow!!!:laughing:

:clapping: :laughing:

venus89
30-09-2009, 12:22 PM

:laughing: :laughing: oh I wouldn't put it past her....

Spangles
30-09-2009, 12:50 PM
Hmm, tasty!

Playmate
30-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Some people think I'm mad providing all the food, but at least I know in advance what I'm preparing and all the children have a well balance healthy meal and I don't have any arguments either. :D

Blackhorse
30-09-2009, 01:28 PM
Some people think I'm mad providing all the food, but at least I know in advance what I'm preparing and all the children have a well balance healthy meal and I don't have any arguments either. :D

SNAP!!:clapping: :clapping:

Pipsqueak
30-09-2009, 02:34 PM

snap too!

That is unbelievable - a potatoe? It begs the question what these kids get fed at home. :eek: :eek:

helenlc
30-09-2009, 03:50 PM

And me!!! I think it also saves any arguments between the children about who has what as their lunches would be so different.

I sometimes have the boys and I used to nanny for and no matter how much I say I will provide food, they come with a bag full! But it causes problems when they have one thing and I am expecting the others to eat something else.

Blackhorse
30-09-2009, 03:54 PM
YOU ARE ALL GETTING THIS POOR PARENT WRONG!! :D

you need to go plant the potato and next year you will have enough potatoes for your whole family and the mindees to eat mash at least once..

how very prepared and forward-planning...how could you fault them..hahahahaha

venus89
30-09-2009, 04:03 PM
YOU ARE ALL GETTING THIS POOR PARENT WRONG!! :D

you need to go plant the potato and next year you will have enough potatoes for your whole family and the mindees to eat mash at least once..

how very prepared and forward-planning...how could you fault them..hahahahaha

I am so sorry. I shall apologise to her later :blush:

Well I baked the potato, scooped ouot the middle and mixed it with cheese and salmon then gave it to him with the cooked carrots. I wonder what's for dinner tomorrow :laughing:

ajs
30-09-2009, 04:21 PM
I am so sorry. I shall apologise to her later :blush:

Well I baked the potato, scooped ouot the middle and mixed it with cheese and salmon then gave it to him with the cooked carrots. I wonder what's for dinner tomorrow :laughing:

if i bring a potato can i come for lunch too that sounds delicious

EllaBella
30-09-2009, 04:39 PM
iv only just read this thread..... seriously!!! one lonesome spud!!! i do wonder sometimes what goes through parents heads when they do things like this:panic:

i include all meals, drinks snacks in my price, i find it easier:thumbsup:

madasahatter
30-09-2009, 04:53 PM
I too include all meals and snacks. I know full well that if they brought their own one of my mindees lunch boxes would be full of rubbish in the form of treat foods rather than nourishing staple foods.
How do you cope when one child brings a healthy lunchbox and another brings lots of crisps, biscuits and sweets?

venus89
30-09-2009, 05:02 PM
I hasten to add that it was not just a potato - he did have a sandwich for lunch, some fruit, the carrot and a babybell. I was just gobsmacked at being presented with a raw potato. She must think I actually have time to cook during the day!

Helen79
30-09-2009, 08:18 PM
did mum actually put the potato in then? Sounds like mindee fancied it & popped it in while mum's back was turned :laughing:

uf353432
30-09-2009, 08:38 PM
I actually cried laughed reading this - sorry I know I am supposed to be all helpful but couldn't see the keyboard through the tears - so funny!

venus89
30-09-2009, 09:20 PM
did mum actually put the potato in then? Sounds like mindee fancied it & popped it in while mum's back was turned :laughing:

I severely doubt it - pretty sure this was 100% Mum..... she's just not the type to have the LO put the food in himself.

sweets
30-09-2009, 09:20 PM
a child i used to nanny for used to put potatoes in the washing machine! made a right mess if they werent spotted before it was used!:laughing:

her8y
30-09-2009, 09:28 PM
oh sooooooooooooooooooooo funny. this will keep me laughing all night.....Let us know whats for lunch tomorrow!

Blackhorse
30-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Imagine what would have happened if she fancied him having pork chops...
he might have come to you with a little piggy!!!

this is just toooo funny

Lady Haha
30-09-2009, 10:23 PM
:laughing: I opened this thread excitedly wondering what lunch ideas there would be to give me some inspiration as like some others, I do provide all food.....and look at the recipe I got.

Raw Potato and carrot, does she think this is "cant cook, won't cook'? :laughing:

Mouse
30-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Imagine what would have happened if she fancied him having pork chops...
he might have come to you with a little piggy!!!

this is just toooo funny

It's all straight forward really - if you find a chicken & a cow in his lunchbox you know she wants him to have omelette & a glass of milk :laughing: :laughing:

angiemog
01-10-2009, 08:16 AM
How funny.... you've brightened my day. :laughing: :laughing:

venus89
01-10-2009, 01:44 PM
:laughing: I opened this thread excitedly wondering what lunch ideas there would be to give me some inspiration as like some others, I do provide all food.....and look at the recipe I got.

Raw Potato and carrot, does she think this is "cant cook, won't cook'? :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing:

Are you implying that raw potato and carrot do not constitute inspirational lunch ideas?

Tatjana
01-10-2009, 03:47 PM
Oh my goodness :panic:

xx

Trouble
01-10-2009, 03:50 PM
totally organic at its best:panic: :panic: :panic:

Pudding Girl
01-10-2009, 03:55 PM
So did you ask Mum about Spudgate??

venus89
01-10-2009, 03:58 PM
:laughing: :laughing:

I couldn't bring myself to mention it to Grandad on pickup - I would have got the giggles :blush:

Pudding Girl
01-10-2009, 04:00 PM
oh no, you must ask!! I want to know if was an accident or put there on purose or what lol

venus89
01-10-2009, 04:09 PM
Hmmm...... maybe LO put the potato in and took out the overdue fees she promised she'd pay me yesterday........? :rolleyes:

Jellytotzjulia
01-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Hmmm...... maybe LO put the potato in and took out the overdue fees she promised she'd pay me yesterday........? :rolleyes:

That's what she bought the bag of potatoes with!!:eek:

mammumof4
01-10-2009, 08:54 PM
hahaha!! this is so funny, i also thought i was going to get some ideas for some nice tasty lunches :o
i am yet to experience anything like this as i only have afterschoolers at the mo.
good job you didnt grab the lunchbox out of the fridge and head off to the park for a picnic!! :laughing: :laughing: :D :D

allinatiz
01-10-2009, 09:09 PM
Just seen this, so funny! :laughing: