PDA

View Full Version : not sure?

youarewhatyoueat
29-09-2009, 07:41 PM
I've been asked to have an 8 month old baby on an ad hoc basis just so she can go and ride her horse, I have her friends baby as well. I'm quite happy to have her as I have a couple of afternoons when i'm happy to do 2 hours as i've got a bit of space for extra money per hour. But someone please tell me if I only do the odd 2 hours a week I don't have to do written obs etc, i'm quite happy to do a quick diary with the odd photo and note nappy changes etc. that will do won't it???

youarewhatyoueat
30-09-2009, 06:58 AM
Is no one else sure either then! if you have a baby for 2 hours a week what do you do? I presume i'll be ok not doing obs.

moogster1a
30-09-2009, 08:45 AM
No no no. don't do obs. on the baby. It's mad enough that we're meant to do it anyway, but for an 8 month old? a few hours a week? no.
i store my obs, mentally, and my planning. i know I'll go down from a good next inspection, but I do'nt care. I hate this institutionalised approach.

Minstrel
30-09-2009, 01:45 PM
I do very VERY basic obs on an 11mth ols girl i have on an ad-hoc basis- its about 3 times a month for 3 hours.

I use it so it helps me remember what she can do- ie walking now, can get off sofa by herself etc All things like that help me because otherwise i'm sure i would forget. Also being such a long time in between means lots had usually changed.

I also use things mum has told me about her routine/current likes/dislikes as obs.