PDA

View Full Version : anyone got any of these? :)

mammumof4
29-09-2009, 06:52 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130330770933&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

thinking of getting some for crawling babies as i have hard, cold laminate floor, what are your thoughts :)

miffy
29-09-2009, 06:56 PM
They look good - one pack covers a large area and they seem reasonably priced.

Miffy xx

Daddy Day Care
29-09-2009, 06:57 PM
I dont know how the price compares to shops that seel these but they look ideal to me

Gareth
xx

Pudding Girl
29-09-2009, 06:59 PM
whats that about 8ft by 8ft? hmmm you have got me thinking now ;) having same probs, laminate fab for cleaning up, crap for babies though!

Blackhorse
29-09-2009, 07:13 PM
I dont think I would want them on my laminate floor in the house..
would they slide or do they have something like underlay (or whatever it is called)

when my dd was little she was on a rug (sheepskin or playmat..)
once she was more mobile she wouldnt stay anywhere for long so I would have had to have my whole downstairs covered in these mats I think :D

looks like they can be used in the garden through..I wouldnt mind them there!

mushpea
29-09-2009, 07:23 PM
i had all my downstairs laminat with a peice of carptet rement for a mat in the living room, non of mine suffered in anyway through crawling on it and it made cleaning a whole lot easier.
one of my mindees mum went to argos and bought 2 lots of mats like these but with alphabet letters in apparently they were 2 for £15 and it covers 3/4 of her living room. might be worth you looking in argos for those first, not sure of the measurments they coverd but it looks quite good

jeanybeany
29-09-2009, 07:33 PM
I have these in my garden. You can mop them and vacuum them (neighbours must think I'm mad :laughing: ). Over time though they do squash and go thinner, but well worth the money, maybe because they have the coupe cars etc on them!:D

brightstar
29-09-2009, 07:44 PM
I've got some of these, I use them on my patio to protect the babies knees when they're crawling. I bought mine in B & Q for £12, probably about half the size though.

twise
29-09-2009, 08:11 PM
i have 2 sets of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-HUGE-SOFT-PLAY-FOAM-ALPHABET-PUZZLE-MAT_W0QQitemZ130311670592QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Toy s_PreSchool_RL?hash=item1e572e4b40&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I have used them for the last 2 years on my laminate floor and they are fantastic. i have purchased from this seller. This type of floor is slightly thicker and i found it doesn't seem to slip..the ones from china/malaysia or the sets u can get from tesco/argos are a lot thinner and there is no grip to them.

They have saved many a bumped head, are great if something is spilled on them and the kids learn alphabet and numbers.

Also my lot know not to take the letters etc out!!

tracy

louise
29-09-2009, 08:27 PM
I had the argos abc ones when mindee was little. It was also great for sectioning the room as such. Ds knew toys weren't to be left on there that she wasnt aloud ect

madasahatter
29-09-2009, 09:08 PM
I bought some dark grey ones that are very similar from ebay (marketed as for a gym or workshop floor). If I remember rightly I paid approx £15 per pack (plus postage) and bought 2 packs to use on my patio to provide a clean/safe crawling area. I don't have any crawlers at the moment but I'm using them on the grass at the moment around the slide, as we have not had any rain and the ground is like concrete.
I do like the primary colours though of the ones you've looked at.

mammumof4
29-09-2009, 09:22 PM
i did think about getting the alphabet ones but i could imagine the letters being pulled out every 5 mins and i want something a bit more durable, these can be used outside all year round and will be good for under slides ect. think im going to get some! :D

Angela234
29-09-2009, 09:25 PM
I HAVE ELC ONES i use them on the kitchen floor (tiles) in the winter warmer and softer when we have sand messy play on the floor
Also use them outside all year round i want some more mine have kept very well just don't clean up as clean now

sophiestars
29-09-2009, 10:05 PM
When I went into ELC the other day they had them reduced from £40 down to £20 in the sale and that was for a pack of 12. Thought that was quite a bargain:)

Mcgons
05-11-2009, 10:43 PM
i have 2 sets of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-HUGE-SOFT-PLAY-FOAM-ALPHABET-PUZZLE-MAT_W0QQitemZ130311670592QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Toy s_PreSchool_RL?hash=item1e572e4b40&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I have used them for the last 2 years on my laminate floor and they are fantastic. i have purchased from this seller. This type of floor is slightly thicker and i found it doesn't seem to slip..the ones from china/malaysia or the sets u can get from tesco/argos are a lot thinner and there is no grip to them.

They have saved many a bumped head, are great if something is spilled on them and the kids learn alphabet and numbers.

Also my lot know not to take the letters etc out!!

tracy

Don't know if anyone will see this thread now, but I have these mats too and they have been brill - much easier than a rug to keep clean, and only cost me £20 from ebay. The letters/numbers don't come out so easily, I usually have to do it for my 5 year old but I think that's a good thing.

The Juggler
06-11-2009, 07:52 AM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130330770933&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

thinking of getting some for crawling babies as i have hard, cold laminate floor, what are your thoughts :)

it's lovely stuff but my babies all crawl on my laminate floor fine. develops better muscle control as they brace against the slipperyness of the floor! none of them have ever looked uncomfortable because it is cold they are so interested in getting to wherever/whatever it is they are trying to get to.:D

kindredspirits
06-11-2009, 08:43 AM
i've got some in my garden and tbh they seem to always ruck up - but it might be because my patio is old and uneven. they would definately slide on laminate unless you put them all over and they are slippery when wet.