PDA

View Full Version : i'm whacked!

sweets
29-09-2009, 06:08 PM
My first day with my new mindee today, he is 12mnths old and has special needs. i had him, a 2 year old and a nearly 4 year old, and we went to toddler group!!
It was a good day but boy am i tired, ive hardly sat down all day, only had 1 cuppa and just grabbed some toast for lunch. The older 2 were lovely with him and 2 year old kept stroking him, she was doing it on his head but i told she could only touch his arms and legs! but she was so gentle, its funny how they seem to 'know' that she had to be gentle.
I will be better tommorrow i think as i know him a bit more and know i can handle it, dont think i will be as stressed.

Anyone else get stressed with new littlies starting?

miffy
29-09-2009, 07:21 PM
Yes, I do - I always want to make sure they've had a nice time, I've given them enough attention, they fit in with the other lo's, etc, etc.

You've got to get to know them and their parents........................

And you don't want the other lo's to feel pushed out..................

:eek: Why do we do this job! :laughing:

Miffy xx

uf353432
29-09-2009, 07:26 PM
oh god yes - 2nd week of Sept I had 5 new mindee's starting the same week - was very stressful and very tiring - but you know its lovely now!

sweets
30-09-2009, 06:41 PM
phew! i was much calmer today. even managed to make bread with the older mindee while little one sat in his chair and watched. Got another one starting next thurs and one at the end of october so more stress to come! lol:laughing: