PDA

View Full Version : Notice of hours

tara
29-09-2009, 03:41 PM
My mindees mum gave change of hours on the 9th september l told her l need 4 weeks notice.She rung the tax credits a few weeks to inform them of change of hours. They have not paid all her money into her account.So on friday just gone the payment for this week is £40 short or tho im not having him for the 2 days any more just the night.She has just droped him of and gone to work she said the tax credits still have not put any money into her account so im still short of money.She said her sister is a childminder and dose not understand why shes given 4 weeks notice of change of hours as its not the contract being cancelled.I did not write it into my contracts l thought it was already in there :panic:now l feel like a really bad person.She also said that the ncma never want to get involved in disputes and that child minders have to fight.Now her sister is a childminder and has been longer then me.

jaja
29-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Hold on a mo, its YOUR BUSINESS not hers, you decide the rules and they have to work with you, dont let them walk over you and if her sister is a minder then why is she not using her? seems to me she doesnt want to pay you, plus you have every right to withhold your care if payment is not recieved, ( i usually do 5 days)

Please dont be pushed into something that you dont want to do, just because she says, been there and done it.....

I expected 4 weeks notice of hours, end of contract and holidays its standard practice.....

Good luck sweety xxx

tara
29-09-2009, 04:26 PM
Her sister lives along way away.I have rung the ncma and they have said what you have.I hate being put into this poistion l also am told the tax credits have not paid her again she makes me wait as well :angry:

jaja
29-09-2009, 04:37 PM
do you have a late payment charge? i would write a letter stating how much she owes the date you want it by and if this money ios not recieved then you will be applying a late payment charge, mine is £5 per day if no money is recieved then it will be taken to ncma or small claims court and see what happens, sounds like she is taking the mick big time....

It is your business and you need to stand up and not be walked over, had this done and by not standing up the lady too advantage and then went to another minder and did the same...

good luck xx

The Juggler
29-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Absolutely! she is ending the current contract by changing the hours. If it's a small change -swapping days then you don't necessarily need to enforce the notice but if she is reducing hours then she is effectively asking for a new contract. You are also not obliged to accept the changed terms if it doesn't suit you.

I had this only one week into new contract, once. They wanted to drop a few hours at the beginning and the end of the day. In the end I told them I could not agree to the reduced hours as the hours I had agreed had been carefully considered on the basis of the hours they wanted and the vacancy I had to fill. There was no way I'd be able to fill the few hours gap at the start/end of the day.

They said OK they'd pay me then but weren't happy about having to pay more than they felt they should and that I was being unfair. I told them I was not prepared to work with parents who felt that I was taking advantage and that I felt they would be better off with someone who could offer them more flexibility and I gave them four weeks notice. I obviously said it in a much nicer way than I have here!

LOL

youarewhatyoueat
29-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Just because tax credits haven't paid in full that is not your problem, she should pay in full end of story, make sure your money is paid in advance if she is going to start being funny. just had a thought I wonder if we know her sister??

miffy
29-09-2009, 07:04 PM
There was a change in the contract - she reduced the hours - so needed to give you the notice period (4 weeks). So you are correct in that.

You should now have a new contract (covering the new hours) - if you haven't already done it then get it drawn up.

It isn't fair of her to with hold payment from you just because her tax credits aren't sorted - that's not your problem and you've every right to expect that she pays you in full and on time.

I think you'll have to get tough and explain this to her. It is up to her to chase up tax credits. Late payment fees should apply too if she doesn't settle her bill when she should

Good luck, I hope you get your money

Miffy xx

tara
29-09-2009, 09:34 PM
I have wrote her a letter

To ....................

I contacted the (NCMA) the people who provide the contracts.I can confirm with you that 4 weeks as agreed when the contracts were signed is required when either redusing hours or cancelling the contract.

I appreciate finances are restricted l do require the outstanding balance of £40 by 9 th september 09 this can be by instalments of £20 on top of next 2 payments totally £125.00

What do you all think ?

suzyblue
30-09-2009, 06:54 AM
I think you are being very understanding and she should appreciate this. The fact that tax credits havent paid her in full is nothing to do with you. Your contract is with her and she should pay you regardless of her circumstances.
I agree in giving her options to pay if she is in financial difficulty but at the end of the day she owes you money and you need to pay your bills.
Sue x