PDA

View Full Version : What is it with Socks?

grindal
29-09-2009, 03:33 PM
I have given up with mindees socks - his mum sends him with the most floppy pairs of too big socks that they fall off within seconds of him crawling across the floor. I have far more success with him wearing DS2s old Next Socks I now change him into them when he arrives. This am he came in a pair of soft leather shoes which I lost one of on the way back from playgroup - found it after retracing steps! This afternoon tried to find socks to go out in garden - DS1s socks have totally disappeared - shoes in box but no socks. DS2 had one sock - the other has disappeared. Mindee has lost one of his socks - but I have found one I lost last week, and has finally managed to pull one of the Next socks off his feet! I now have an enormous pile of odd socks piled up next to washing machine. Where do they go?

Blackhorse
29-09-2009, 03:36 PM
the bermuda sockangle...I mean triangle...

Hebs
29-09-2009, 04:22 PM
my son doesn't wear them :laughing:

he has sensory processing difficulties and can not stand them :(

melanieabigail2004
29-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Tell me about it - socks and flipping hair clips with one of my mindees. Why they bother sending her with them in as they are out of her hair within 20 seconds of being in my house. I have actually started removing them and keeping them in my pocket until collection time as parents keep mentioning how many are getting lost :rolleyes:

M :)

balloon
29-09-2009, 04:48 PM
my mindees took off her socks and shoes in the pushchair today and threw her socks away! No sign of them anywhere!!!

In our house socks go missing for a pastime so we have an old PE bag in which all socks go when washed. Once a week the mindees help me match socks up - works pretty well. :)

tashaleee
29-09-2009, 05:12 PM
At least your mindee comes in socks which is more than mine does some days.... or if he does have socks on they never match!!! :rolleyes: :laughing:

grindal
29-09-2009, 06:19 PM
my mindees took off her socks and shoes in the pushchair today and threw her socks away! No sign of them anywhere!!!

In our house socks go missing for a pastime so we have an old PE bag in which all socks go when washed. Once a week the mindees help me match socks up - works pretty well. :)

I'm loving that idea - I got so fed up with DHs odd socks I started binning odd ones, until one day he asked where all his socks had gone :blush:
Hmmm....maybe I should keep an Odd sock Bag :laughing:

Twinkles
29-09-2009, 06:25 PM
I have a huge plastic box that i put all washed socks in. When my lot want clean socks they go and find themselves some.
I have four males with similar size feet and they all wear black socks :panic:

As for mindees I have a large bag of jumble sale/primarni socks. When they get here I remove their socks and put them in their bag and put a pair of my spare ones on. That way no-one cares if they get lost or dirty.