PDA

View Full Version : still not heard

namtasha
28-02-2008, 12:30 PM
i am so desperate for this baby, i gave up my job to be a childminder and we are struggling financially so much
she came to visit on tues when do they normally phone? can i call her???

waiting for 3 calls from people who said they had given someone my number it is driving me insane staring at the phone waiting for it to ring.

my dd birthday 2nd april cant afford her party now , sorry to be a deppressive but i am getting really down

wanted to look for a part time evening job just for a bit of cash but hubby wont let me, said it would be admitting defeat. i am so down :(

deeb66
28-02-2008, 12:42 PM
I know it is really frustrating and difficult especialy when finances are getting really tight.

It has only been a couple of days I would give it at least until Monday before thinking about calling the parents.....you may put them off if you appear to be hassling them.....but obviously it is up to you.

Hang on in there I am sure that something will start happening soon

namtasha
28-02-2008, 12:46 PM
thank you x
been to my old childminder this morning , she had an enquiry while i was there so sort of expected there to be a msg on my machine when i got in (were on same street) but nothing.
i am much better than her (she says puffing her chest out )
lol why didnt they phone mee too .......
honestly she is not graet got a satisfactory in last ofsted......
one of the main reasons i started to get mine out of there

ho hum time will tell

miffy
28-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Sorry you're fed up

It is hard sometimes getting started but it will happen for you

I agree with dee give the parents a little longer to get back to you - it's not always bad news if you haven't heard. Sometimes parents have made up their mind but don't think to let us know - they think we're mind readers :)

Miffy xx

Spangles
28-02-2008, 12:52 PM
I hope you hear from the family soon, sure you will.

Just wondered re. your friend getting an enquiry and not you, do you know where the mum got her details from? If it was CIS or somewhere make sure you are advertised in the same place and look at your friends information and make sure that yours sounds better if you see what I mean. Maybe her info sounds more appealing than yours at the moment - not meaning that in a funny way but you really have to sell yourself and push your plus points.

It's just a thought your ad may be brilliant and the parent just rang the first number she saw and only wants to visit one person - some of them don't shop around which I think is very odd!

namtasha
28-02-2008, 12:53 PM
yeah iw will check, our big ones are at differant schools so might be that i suppose ......

Pudding Girl
28-02-2008, 01:16 PM
I can appreicate you are annoyed and stressed I have been too! I had email enq last week from people and they replied wanting to set up a visit, and have heard nothing for days now. ARGH!!

I would give them a call on Friday and see whats happening. Did you ask them to call even if they were going elsewhere? It's what I will be doing, I can understand some parents might feel funny about ringing to turn you down, I know I wouldn't like to do it myself really.

berkschick
28-02-2008, 01:24 PM
thank you x
been to my old childminder this morning , she had an enquiry while i was there so sort of expected there to be a msg on my machine when i got in (were on same street) but nothing.
i am much better than her (she says puffing her chest out )
lol why didnt they phone mee too .......
honestly she is not graet got a satisfactory in last ofsted......
one of the main reasons i started to get mine out of there

ho hum time will tell

Sorry, just have to point out that getting Satisfactory is perfectly ok! It means she is meeting all the 14 national standards and doesnt make her a bad minder :) I havent got a grading yet as I am newly registered but I would hate people to think badly of me if I got satisfactory.

With regards the parent not calling you back yet, its a nightmare isnt it! I had a Mum on Monday who then went to see an outstanding minder yesterday so I too am waiting for the phone to ring. Mum did promise to ring me tomorrow so if I havent heard by the evening I will give her a call.

I do try and pin parents down now as they leave as to when they will get back to me.

Having said that, I had some parents last Friday and I havent heard anything back but I wont chase as Im not sure I want to take this family on to be honest! Would much rather the Monday baby!

lady boss
28-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Sorry you're feeling a bit down. Hang on in there....No news is good news x

namtasha
28-02-2008, 01:44 PM
she is a bad minder !!!!!

but ne who phoned job centre about signing on , got off the phone and did a paranoid 1571 and she called !
i have the baby !
comming tues to sign up

thank u every one

deeb66
28-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Good news Samantha

Well done :thumbsup:

Spangles
28-02-2008, 01:49 PM
That's fantastic news! Well done!

lady boss
28-02-2008, 01:57 PM
:jump for joy: Great news:jump for joy: x

kelly76x
28-02-2008, 04:39 PM
congratulations :clapping:

i know exactly how you were feeling i had to look for work to then out the blue i got a full timer ( which unforunatly fell through after a month so back looking for work)

you may find with the other childminder aswell its like my situation too my best friend is also a childminder and she is not exactly the best she looked after my kids but was let down so badly i have to give up work and become a cm myself but EVERYBODY on the estate knows her ( shes been cming for 9 years ) you say "do u know xxxx and they say yeah the childminder" as she is very friendly very loud and very helpful but not a great childminder so she gets all the calls as people know her face or have spoken to her i'm the opposite... a great childminder ( honest :cool: ) but i am quiet and dont like to talk to people i dont know so when i'm at the school i pick my kids up smile and leave where as she talks to everyone i do wish i was more like her to be honest lol

god luck with the baby hope it all goes well

sarah707
28-02-2008, 05:46 PM
That is great news! :clapping:

Banana
28-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Good news!

x

tulip0803
28-02-2008, 06:21 PM
:magnificent: Well done

Juliaxx