PDA

View Full Version : A step forward...yeah

It's a small world
29-09-2009, 03:24 PM
Well Im sure you all know about my mindee who is only interested in farms and absolutly nothing else. Well after posting another thread about obs on here I think I have finally had a break through...

Put on Action Kids CD in my car. Second time he has heard it and just pulled a face ..After some thinking said to him look at my combine harvester (wind the bobbin up:laughing: ) anyway he said 'Ive been on a combine harvester' to which I replied I know..show me how it moves he just stared. When we got to school sat in car and played song again and did actions by moving his hands to help with the rotation. After a couple of times singing and doing actions he just suddenly did the action himself then clapped and smiled.:clapping:

After picking ds up put song on in car again and he sat winding the bobbin and clapping....:clapping: :clapping: got to work on the other actions..but hey its a breakthrough and after 3rd attempt no mention of the combine harvetser. Next month our topic is our bodies so Im starting early and using this as my obs and then next steps labelling body parts and using our bodies in singing and dancing activiies..then clothes we wear in what weather etc...think im onto something here..what do you think. So proud of him hes never interacted in any music activities before feel quite emotional...:blush:

OrlandoBelle
29-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Thats great Kerrie! :clapping: He'll soon be doing his celery impressions in no time! Lol. Did you write it up in his obs? Its great when you start noticing the little things they are learning isn't it?

Polly2
29-09-2009, 03:40 PM
thats great well done :clapping:

It's a small world
29-09-2009, 03:42 PM
thanks . going to do it later. ///next steps goin to do singing more songs and dance using our bodies ie head shoulders knees and toes (action kids -- fab) also going to do about the body- labelling - using different coloured bodies too / clothes worn if different countries - as best as possible with 2.5 yr olds) looking at books and emotions-- going to make happy/sad faces with papaer plates (another idea from action kids---thinkthis ob is going to be a good one.

Hope you are well aimie

youarewhatyoueat
29-09-2009, 07:04 PM
use a mirror so they can look at themselves making happy and sad faces, thats always a good one.

miffy
29-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Aahhhh bless, it's always lovely when you feel you've made a difference!

Well done :)

Miffy xx