PDA

View Full Version : Call from the Env Health ..

Lainey Lou
29-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Hi all, I recently rang my local environmental health explained that I was a cm and asked about registering my details, they said OK no probs will put a form in the post to you. Received the form, filled it out sent it back etc.

Just had a call from them this afternoon asking me who advised me to contact them and also he said that they do not have any other cmders registered? He also said that as I run the business from a domestic premises and it isn't a food business as such I shouldn't have to register? Thought it was abit odd but must depend on your local authority maybe? :) X

mabel
29-09-2009, 03:45 PM
I am not registered ??? should I be ????

Ripeberry
29-09-2009, 04:06 PM
I sent off my form back in April and in July they wrote back to say they would get round to me eventually as they are SWAMPED with CM's registering.
Still not heard :rolleyes:

margimum
29-09-2009, 04:25 PM
I sent in forms (Lancashire) and had a visit about 6 months later!!
Inspector was lovely. Did not even open fridge and only glanced at the frog (PLASTIC!!) sitting on the kitchen floor:eek:

melanieabigail2004
29-09-2009, 04:53 PM
I am in Kent and am registered and had to undergo a 2 hour visit from them aswell :eek:

All good though and the inspector said it is unlikely they will visit again

M

Lainey Lou
29-09-2009, 05:26 PM
how strange, can't understand why they said no other cm have registered in this area?? bizarre, not complaining tho, cupboards could do with a clean .. :laughing: xx

jemima
29-09-2009, 05:31 PM
I called yesterday and they said I was right to register with them and the form arrived in post today. She also said I didn't need to be visited. I am in Lancashire.