PDA

View Full Version : Home daily risk assessments

Joannechildmind
29-09-2009, 02:41 PM
Is it ok to have a tick sheet for our daily Risk assessment? i know Ofsted generally dont like tick sheets.

Demonjill
29-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Dont know about Ofsted but CC said to me at my pre reg to make up a RA tick list for round the house to make sure everything is safe on a daily basis.

OrlandoBelle
29-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Yes I have one laminated on my kitchen door along with a cleaning rota, smoke detector test record and a fridge temp record.

Mrs Ofsted liked it when she saw it and said its a much easier than referring to a book everytime.

I still write up my risk assessments in my book, but the laminated tick sheet is just one I can check off every morning to make sure all is safe.

Ripeberry
29-09-2009, 04:08 PM
I prefer to write mine in a book to say that I've checked as tick sheets are just tick sheets and too much paper is wasted. I have my checklist at the front of my diary together with all the RAs and I write in each corresponding date what RA has been checked and that the daily checks have been done together with the fridge temp check.

sarah707
01-10-2009, 07:07 AM
I have a tick sheet that covers a month at a time.

Ofsted liked it :D

TheBTeam
01-10-2009, 06:59 PM
I have a tick sheet that covers a month at a time.

Ofsted liked it :D

Me too keep them in a ringbinder plastic wallet thingy blue tacked to the fridge with a pen in a magnetic clip next to it, when it gets too heavy for the blue tack to hold the wallet, i take some out and put them in the file, and keep blanks too in the wallet so that i have them to hand for a few months at a time!

Joannechildmind
01-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Thanks ladies i think im going to do a monthly one and keep it in a folder with my fridge temps, etc

singlewiththree
02-10-2009, 06:29 AM
I do an A5 book and at the front I list all the checks I have to do and then I just date it and tick and make a note of anything extra I did such as the first aid checks/smoke alarm etc. ofsted were happy with this.

Joannechildmind
03-10-2009, 04:48 PM
i have been working on this one what do you think?

Not sure i have included everything.

PixiePetal
03-10-2009, 04:52 PM

I have similar. Do my tidy up and get ready in the morning, check my list, tick those I have done and go around to check anything I have missed.

What about the garden - bounderies/animal faeces/toys and equipment/plants

I also tick for clean dishcloth/towels/anti bac soap filled/sockets covered

Just reminds me to check them all

Been thinking of putting them all in a book and to date daily at end of list when done to save paper but the way I do it works for me except for using lots of paper :rolleyes:

Joannechildmind
03-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Hi thanks for taking a look, i dont have a garden live in a flat atm, gona add dish cloths, antibac soap, children towels etc,

Cheers.

Jo

Tink
19-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Hi guys. Do you have separate sheets for each week for your daily risk assessments. It seems like a lot of unwanted and unnecessary paper to me.
I know the checks need to be done but it's so much paper.

Zoomie
19-10-2009, 09:31 PM
I've done a list, which I have laminated.

I then sign off in my diary that I have completed the daily RA, and mention any issues.

One diary
One piece of paper
One laminated sheet
= Daily RAs done !!

Tink
19-10-2009, 09:50 PM
Can i do it like that? one person told me ofsted told her to do separate sheets and the other said laminate it.
I wish they knew what the other was doing. it would make our lives easier.

sarahw
27-10-2009, 12:42 AM

Hi, as a new childminder I was looking through and saw your link but can't open it. I desperately need some help with this as it's such a minefield. I have got something but its much too long to do every day!

Also, I still need to get a fridge thermometer - any ideas of best place to buy one or what type?

HELP APPRECIATED PLEASE!!!!

LittleStar's
19-11-2009, 07:55 PM
:D EBAY!!!

Daisy1956
19-11-2009, 08:21 PM
I use Sarah's Daily Diary most things are covered in it and all keeps everything in one ring binder. Fridge and Freezer thermometer from Asda