PDA

View Full Version : Petite Star Zia

helenlc
29-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Ok, so now I have sold my Phil & Teds (Thanks Hebs!), I am wanting to get the Petite Star Zia.

I just wanted to check whether people thought it was worth its £100 price tag?

I know about the deal at Nursery Value where it comes with free footmuff and parasol for £99.

They are selling on Ebay but even second hand ones are finishing around £60 at least and then theres postage on top. So I figure I may as well get a brand new one for £30 more.

I like the idea of it being so small and compact when folded for keeping in the boot. But I dont want to get it if its not worth it, I would rather have a bigger buggy. It will mostly be used for a 9 month old and 16 month old on different days.

Polly2
29-09-2009, 01:49 PM
I love mine - even though it folds up small when it is up its really roomy. I look after a 2 and half year old who fits lovely in it.

It also lies back flat for littlies or sleeping toddlers

Managed to get mine for £90 - got discount as my daughter works in a pram shop!

mama2three
29-09-2009, 02:03 PM
love mine too. only negative is the tiny footmuff , not long enough for even a 12 month old. positives - lies back , folds tiny , good to push , decent basket. starting to get a bit creaky but did buy it when they very first came out , and used it constantly!

helenlc
29-09-2009, 02:21 PM
Thanks !!

Will probably splash out then!!!

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
29-09-2009, 02:26 PM
I love it one of the best pushchairs I have every had and my 15 month old loves it.

Well worth it. x

Hebs
29-09-2009, 02:59 PM
i loved my petite star :thumbsup:

Hebs
29-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Ok, so now I have sold my Phil & Teds (Thanks Hebs!), .

oh no thank YOU :thumbsup: so excited i have a green P&T's :jump for joy:

Louise_Oaktree
29-09-2009, 03:09 PM
I am attracted to this pram and also the quinny zap as a travel system but am worried about the height - the handles look quite low for a tall person...?

Polly2
29-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Yes the handles are low which is good for me as I am only 5'2" but not good for you I guess. They are not adjustable.

What do you think of these footmuffs? do you think they would fit the zia? pricey I know but very nice

http://www.buggysnuggle.com/product_info.asp?prdID=10039&usrID=497AB3D5-3F62-4573-9F14-A88B4282D059

sweets
29-09-2009, 04:57 PM
i recently got a petite star zia and i love it! its so light, lies right back and folds up small. I got it from nursery value for £100 with the footmuff and parasol. the footmuff is lovely, nice and thick.(came in 3days!)

My only small complaint about the pram tho is that it wont fold up with the raincover in the basket, it will fold up with the raincover on tho. the basket is quite small too. but its a lovely pram.

sophiestars
29-09-2009, 10:18 PM
I had one of these and loved it, however it got a crack in one of the handles which couldn't be mended and eventually the handle just broke clean off and couldn't be put back on!!
It wouldn't put me off getting another one, though - it folded up so small and my son always looked so comfy in it, as well as being able to lie flat which is the reason I would never get a Zapp - children always look so uncomfortable when they fall asleep bolt upright!
The only slight downside was that I could have done with the handles being slightly higher - i am 5'6''.

dobby
30-09-2009, 12:06 AM
Have you seen the reworked page on nursery values?? even more of a bargain then!!

http://www.nurseryvalue.com/Default.aspx?pgid=17

helenlc
30-09-2009, 06:55 AM
Have you seen the reworked page on nursery values?? even more of a bargain then!!

Thanks for that link but they are all out of stock.:( I will try again later.

Also they dont come with the footmuff which I would like and as the footmuffs retail for about £20-30 I may as well spend the £99 for the one with footmuff.

Thanks anyway Dobby

helenlc
30-09-2009, 06:59 AM
Thanks for that link but they are all out of stock.:( I will try again later.

Tell a lie - they have the orange and the black one!!! Which one shall I get??

Ooh might have to top up my credit card and get one anyway. I can keep an eye out for the footmuff on Ebay!!

Thanks Dobby!!!:thumbsup:

mama2three
30-09-2009, 07:28 AM
helen id try getting a different footmuff that matches - the zia one realy wont be big enough for the 16 month old. they are tiny! kath x

mama2three
30-09-2009, 07:47 AM

thanks for the link dobby , just seen a twin on there for £80 - cant find any reviews though , anyone come across them before??

dobby
30-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Apparently some of their 3 wheelers are mothercare so it might be an urban detour/ have you tried googling the name to see if you can come up with anything?

Regarding footmuffs, i got some brilliant ones from tchibo last year, really cosy (like the expensive Kaiser brand if anyone has seen those) but the best bit was they were a good length and the bottom foot bit zipped open for older children. They were only about £17.99 or something, they go in my Nipper 360 and I always get asked where they came from. So keep an eye out on their website as they often repaet each year.

Pudding Girl
30-09-2009, 01:11 PM
Yes they are Urban Detours, very nice and comfy but oh so wide :(

helenlc
30-09-2009, 04:03 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Just ordered the black one!!!! Yipee!!!!

:happy banana: :excited: :so happy: :cheerleader:

Chell
01-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Ok, so now I have sold my Phil & Teds (Thanks Hebs!), I am wanting to get the Petite Star Zia.

I just wanted to check whether people thought it was worth its £100 price tag?

I know about the deal at Nursery Value where it comes with free footmuff and parasol for £99.

They are selling on Ebay but even second hand ones are finishing around £60 at least and then theres postage on top. So I figure I may as well get a brand new one for £30 more.

I like the idea of it being so small and compact when folded for keeping in the boot. But I dont want to get it if its not worth it, I would rather have a bigger buggy. It will mostly be used for a 9 month old and 16 month old on different days.

I've not read the whole thread but I had one and sold it. I hated the lack of shopping basket and the fact that it was impossible to steer unless I had two hands on it all the time.

Pudding Girl
02-10-2009, 08:03 AM
I have a zapp ( the original :p) and can steer that one handedly so would imagine a ZIa could be too?

I've noe got my eye on a Kurvi off there argh!

Chell
02-10-2009, 09:38 AM
I have a zapp ( the original :p) and can steer that one handedly so would imagine a ZIa could be too?

I've noe got my eye on a Kurvi off there argh!

Nope, impossible one handed.

Pudding Girl
02-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Maybe the balance is different or something

sweets
02-10-2009, 05:46 PM
i manage it one handed! maybe worth checking if yours has a dodgy wheel or something.

jibberjitz
02-10-2009, 06:01 PM
I have one and think it ok but dont really use it that much. The basket is big but its not easy to get in and out of especially if its in a reclined position. I have a McLaren as well which I prefer so may end up putting PS on ebay soon :)