PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

Adiamond
29-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Hi, what would you do if you knew for definate that someone was childminding and saying that they are a childminder when you know for sure they are not registered??????

I know that she has got a nneb qualification but that was about 20 years ago.
It really annoys me that we have to go through all the training and waiting and expense to get registered when these people don't care and just do it anyway :angry:

Also this person is a single parent and hasn't worked for at least the last 10 years I have known her so she must claim benefits aswell !!!!!!!

Please let me know what you all would do :blush: :blush:
Thank you x x x

helenlc
29-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Report her to Oftsed and the Benefits Agency too!!

As you say, its annoying when we do all this hard work to be registered and recognised as being professional and they think they can swan in and put Chilmdinder as their title and they are off and earning!!:angry:

singlewiththree
29-09-2009, 01:13 PM
I would report her. I'm a single mum and working very hard at what I do why should someone get the benefits of being a registered childminder (ie. the income) without all the hard work.

angiemog
29-09-2009, 01:31 PM
I was told on my ICP that if you knew of anyone working as a childminder who wasn't registered then you had to report them. They said that children could be put at risk.....OK she has a qualification but not a current one and there may be other people in her home that haven't been CRB checked. So yes I would report her. x

margimum
29-09-2009, 01:43 PM
You have a duty of care to the children. She has no insurance and her home has not been checked out.:angry: You must report her. Ofsted will probably just tell her to get registered.:angry:
The benefits agency is a matter for your own conscience I believe, as it does not impact on the care she is giving.