PDA

View Full Version : Advertising your Service what works best?

mumx3
29-09-2009, 12:03 PM
I have advertised on Netmums, Gumtree and Childcare.co.uk as well as with the local Informed Families and the School I drop off too.

I need to get my vacancies out there but what else is really worth doing when it comes to advertising?

Are Leaflets through the door worth while?

LittleAcorns
29-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Ive just been to playgroup with my new mindee, and got chatting to 2 mums who are interested for future care, one took my number, I got chatting with another lady quite casually and she said she prefers to know the childminder first, ie see them in action, so my advice in addition to what youre doing is networking, get yourself known.

mammumof4
29-09-2009, 12:08 PM
ive only just started minding and only have 2 sisters but that inquiry came from my web site.im also on gumtree,childcare,netmums

yummymummy
29-09-2009, 12:11 PM
At the moment for me it is all repeat business or recommendation if I relied on other methods I would get no work at all. I only ever use FIS and have always found children albeit very slowly these days but then when I started out it was the only way to advertise!

The Juggler
29-09-2009, 12:36 PM
tell other childminders you are a childminder and you have vacancies. word gets around quickly. also the local children's centres sometimes keep lists of childminders with current vacancies especially when they can say they know you as a childminder, it's a good recommendation.

They pass the details on to parents who visit the centres then.

Ripeberry
29-09-2009, 05:20 PM
I've become friendly with another CM who collects from the same school and she has passed on my name to a couple of parents, but I could not help them due to the hours they wanted (late nights), but I'm gratefull to her and hope to pass some work her way as well when needed.

youarewhatyoueat
29-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Definately word of mouth, toddler groups, childrens centres and other cm's

miffy
29-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Most of my work comes through word of mouth, although I often get enquiries through CIS website.

I don't think you can beat getting yourself known in the area.

Good luck

Miffy xx

Blackhorse
29-09-2009, 07:08 PM
I had a lot of inquiries from the official childminders listing from the web
the rest through my own homepage
a couple through posters in local corner shops...(none from big supermarkets)
too early for me for much word of mouth...coz I only started

one mindee is from a mum at toddlers group too!