PDA

View Full Version : Which Insurer have new CM's gone for?

AliceK
29-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Hi
Well after getting a call from Ofsted to say my certificate will be posted out now I am going to get my insurance sorted out. I'm not sure whether being a new CM there is any benefit in me joining NCMA or whether it will make any difference if I go with MM. If I'm NOT a member of NCMA will I miss out on any important / beneficial meetings or anything?? What have other new CM's decided?
Thanks
xxxxxxxxx

Dottilicious
29-09-2009, 10:15 AM
I am with the NCMA as it was part of my start up grant from my local council. They have been helpful so far and I do like there paperwork, contracts etc as i think it makes thing much easier when you are new. Although I think MM do a pack much the same?

solly
29-09-2009, 10:45 AM
I am with MM, i decided to change with them as the cost of the NCMA was to expensive for basically the same, i had been with the NCMa for years and begrudged paying the membership which was actually dearer than the insurance. I am happy with MM:)

jaja
29-09-2009, 11:08 AM
I was with NCMA but when i had a problem i asked for support and didnt get any so i have changed to MM, i love the paperwork and there stuff is cheaper compared to NCMA and you still get everything apart from ncma campaiging(sp? am tired this am) I like to folders and paperwork, the file i got and the set out of didnt things you need.

hth

jen

singlewiththree
29-09-2009, 11:38 AM
I had a choice with my start up grant and went for MM but also got free membership with NCMA. Not had to use them yet though, but getting funded to go to their conferece.

legtc01
29-09-2009, 11:50 AM
I think Ill be going for NCMA. Although at the moment my local council dont provide any start up grants etc so will have to pay for it myself. x

nic76
29-09-2009, 11:53 AM
think i might change in oct when renewal due as ncma is expensive when you have to pay the membership fee as well. i dont benefit paying £48 membership

Daftbat
29-09-2009, 11:55 AM
I used to be with NCMA but have just changed to MM because of cost really and value for money. I have never needed to use any legal departments and i prefer the monthly and quarterly info from MM on email which i think is better than the NCMA magazine.

AliceK
30-09-2009, 01:50 PM
So by not being a member of NCMA I'm not going to miss out on important news / meetings etc then??

Thanks

xxxx