PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else feel they are in groundhog day?

FussyElmo
29-09-2009, 07:26 AM
I know this sounds daft but I feel I do actually the same things everyday. Toddler group today and depending on weather park afterwards. We come home and do an activity usually want the children want to do. Have a sleep go on the school run. Come home free play. On the days I dont go toddlers we go someone else soft play, farm, museum or go and see another cm.

What do you do thats different and provides variety or is it just me thats woke up on a dull and wet miserable morning and feeling a bit down:)

Pipsqueak
29-09-2009, 07:27 AM
Time to shake it up a bit?????:D

Pudding Girl
29-09-2009, 08:48 AM
Oh I am a big fan of shaking it up :) I do know what you mean - what changes could you make?

estrelas
29-09-2009, 08:52 AM
I feel like that some times

But if we had a different job, it could be much worse, i used to run a coffee shop and every day was identical!! Same customers drinking the same coffee lol
At least we get the option of maybe going to a museum or the toddler group or just staying in

ORKSIE
29-09-2009, 09:02 AM
Think I could do with a shake up too:D

Tatjana
29-09-2009, 10:08 AM
Yeh and everything needs to be timed; meals, school runs, naps. I look forward to Mondays my mindee free day :)

xx

helenlc
29-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Thursdays I am mindee free but only til the end of next month. I also run a TG at the childrens centre so still go there in the morning.

Yes, I do feel that days are all the same and especially so when I write up the daily diary. But thats how it goes:
School run
Toddlers/Park/Library in the morning
My house - lunch
Sleep &/or Quiet time/acitvity for older ones
School run (maybe park after)
My house and play (indoors &/or outisde)
Dinner
Collected!!

What else can I write? Lol

In the nice weather i find we are more adventurous as I might skip TG and go out for the morning somewhere a bit further afield.

But my 16 month old has a sleep and I have to put her to bed at 12.30, so she has her 2 hours before we leave for school run at 2.30. So lunch has to be about 12.45 as the 2 yr old is so slow at eating. Lol

I also find though that the children like the routine and learn to know what's coming next. And plenty of parents would have a routine and attend the same clubs etc each week - I did when mine were little.

I do go to different TGs on different days though. One time, me and a mindee were going to a TG that was held in the same place and run by the same people (Salvation Army) on Tuesday and Thursday. That did get really groundhog day!! So we go somewhere different each day now.

I like the things we do now and not sure how I could shake it up anyway, not with sleep and feeding routines. I also have a 9 month old starting soon so will no doubt have to factor in his sleeps and feeds too.