PDA

View Full Version : Not charging whilst at nursery what do you do when asked sometimes to do drop off too

yummymummy
29-09-2009, 07:06 AM
I have mindee who has just come back after mums maternity leave. Dad can drop to nursery session with older sibling so i just collect at 11.30am. As I will only do pick up have agreed to not charge until 11.30am. I have always done this if collecting only and have found that I have never found anyone to fit in to fill the few hours. But first week back to nursery mum has said dad away and can I do drop off and pick up. Now I have said yes but do you think that I should really leave mum to sort out something else because it is a case of having her cake and eating it by not wanting to pay to keep hours free but then when it is not convenient for them to just expect me to fill in ?
I have always been very obliging to my parents and do think that because of this I do get taken advantage of a bit. I know some of you ladies are very firm re pay, hours etc so opinions would be appreciated.

Twinkles
29-09-2009, 07:11 AM
No I'm sorry if they want you to drop off then you charge for the whole morning.
What have you said your charge is ? Are you going to charge for the whole morning or just drop off fees and petrol ?
They are taking advantage of you.

Polly2
29-09-2009, 08:02 AM
If it was for a one off or just a week or something then I would probably do it but if it is going to be a regular thing then I would explain about not being able to fill those hours etc etc and then amend the contract together and charge her.

Pipsqueak
29-09-2009, 08:18 AM
Ditto to what Twinks has said.

Blaze
29-09-2009, 08:24 AM
Ditto to what Twinks has said.

Same!:thumbsup:

mrsgreen
29-09-2009, 10:15 AM
yes agree too. if its just a one off for a week/few days maybe just charge a drop off fee? but if its long term change their hours and chagre them for the place. good luck

mum2two
29-09-2009, 10:22 AM
One off I'd do it for a 'drop off fee'.

Personally, I charge for hours they would nee be during hols etc. I have siblings, one goes to preschool, one doesn't. Youngest gets dropped to me at 10.15am, and the one at preschool gets charged from this time too, as this is when mum needs me during hols/closures etc...

x

The Juggler
29-09-2009, 12:38 PM
I would charge a higher rate drop off fee too.

Jules12Wed
29-09-2009, 01:03 PM
One of my mindees she's actually my nextdoor neighbour has just started pre-school. I only have her one day a week. Mum is going to drop her at school and I will collect at 11.20. I was wondering if I should/they would expect a reduction, but last week Dad gave me the money and I said oh that's too much and he said no thats for next week too, which was the full amount for this week which is the first day she'll be at nursery so think they assume i'm not reducing fee - great cos I hate confrontation and hate the money side of it!!!|

uf353432
29-09-2009, 04:49 PM
Personally if you have only ever charged from 11.30am because someone else dropped off then they are changing the terms not you. I would say to her prior to drop off - I have no problem doing it for you adhoc until the hours are filled by someone else, but on the times I do it for you I will be charging for the morning as well in lieu off drop off fee. Once I fill this morning slot I may not be able to assist in this way - so unless you pay me a retainer for my services just in case they are required its a risk I won't be available for the future.