PDA

View Full Version : Pet snake anyone?

OrlandoBelle
29-09-2009, 06:31 AM
I just thought I would share this little delight with you all. It's made me feel quite queasy.

My sister is a nail technician and was doing the nails of one of her regulars the other night who have a pet snake. Not just a little one, but a HUGE great big thing. They shut it in its cage at night but during the day it had free range of the house. A few weeks ago it stopped eating and they got really worried about it. It also used to lie on the lady and her husband's bed... but had recently started making these really strange stretching movements that it had never done before whilst on it. It wasn't shedding its skin or anything so they decided to take it to the vets.

The vet said that the reason why it had stopped eating was because it was fasting in preparation for a big meal and the stretching movements it was making on the bed was actually the snake sizing up the lady..... she was going to be his big meal!!!

*shudders*

Why do people have snakes as pets?? I can understand little ones as I think they're quite cute... but not big ones. When we were in Florida in June a pet boa constrictor strangled a 2 year old in her cot while her parents were asleep. The dad found them in the morning and shot the snake but the little girl was already dead. The thing is though, the snake had already been found in her cot the week before... you'd think after that warning they would've got rid of it!

FussyElmo
29-09-2009, 06:34 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Have they still got the snake?
Personally i dont like the big ones as pets (not really a scaley animal person).
But who would want a snake on their bed (shudders).
No not for me!!!

angeldelight
29-09-2009, 06:36 AM
OMG

You have given me the creeps

I would never have one but I know a lot of people love them

That is just such an awful story about the 2 year old you would never forgive yourself would you for having the pet in the first place

Angel xx

miffy
29-09-2009, 06:39 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

It would have to go!!!!!

Not that I'd have wanted it in the first place and definitely NOT in bed with me :panic: :panic: :panic:

Miffy xx

OrlandoBelle
29-09-2009, 06:48 AM
It's creepy isn't it?? I think they got rid of the snake as it freaked the lady out so much.

The one in America was awful. It was all over the news while we were there. The parents must've felt awful. They will never forgive themselves.

Polly2
29-09-2009, 08:06 AM
Thats shocking :eek: :eek:
scary

yummymummy
29-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Locally to us a baby ended up in hospital with e coli due to the fact that its parents handled the pet snake and did not wash their hands before caring for baby.

ORKSIE
29-09-2009, 09:05 AM
That is the scariest thing I think I have ever heard:eek:

EllaBella
29-09-2009, 09:22 AM
that is really creepy!!!! they obviousy loved the snake,and all the time it was plannig to eat her:eek: .... makes me feel really cold!!

Daddy Day Care
29-09-2009, 09:57 AM
the wifes dongn my head in at the moment, you think i could borrow the snake please??? :laughing:

It's a small world
29-09-2009, 10:07 AM
:eek: don't do snakes :eek:

Poor lo in USA :littleangel:

DDC your wife is hormonal and you don't really mean it you love her dearly Im sure...:laughing:

Hope you ok?

sonia ann
29-09-2009, 10:15 AM
both of my sons have snakes and i love them both, really missed them when they both left home and took them with them BUT they never had the run of the house and as for being in the bedroom:panic: :eek: they are both kept in vivariums and handled with correct precautions......and yes it is true they do "size up " their prey like that:)

LisaH
29-09-2009, 11:50 AM
We have 3 snakes:) They are lovely!! Scared my Ofsted inspector to death the other week:laughing: BUT they don't have free run of the house, they have locked vivariums and as Sonia said we take appropriate hygiene precautions:)

Mine will never get big enough to eat a mindee:panic:

avril
29-09-2009, 12:23 PM
:panic: Don't do snakes at all, pictures, films, zoos, books etc... :panic:

They make my flesh crawl the thought of them wriggling and wrapping themselves around you UGH! I know they are warm etc.. but they just grose me out.