PDA

View Full Version : Temp Cover for a sick childminder

SandCastles
28-09-2009, 09:55 PM
I have been approached by a parent who would like to consider me to take her lo for 6 weeks while her current childminder is recovering from an operation.
I have the availability and am keen to do this, but what questions do I need to ask the parents? and more importantly what paperwork do I need in place?
Has anyone done this before? if so how did it work?
I need to look into this further before I arrange a meeting with the parent.

Chatterbox Childcare
28-09-2009, 10:05 PM
No this is just another client for you. Do all the paperwork as you normally would.

bibi571
28-09-2009, 10:11 PM
I agree, only thing i did different was make the notice period a week in case they want to finish sooner, then your protected financially a wee bit. Just in case you knock back other work because of it.

B x :littleangel:

tashaleee
29-09-2009, 06:00 AM
I would do the paperwork that you would normally do. Personally I wouldnt do much in the way of a learning journey (not sure what age the child is) due to the short timescale. I would also have an 'end date' on the contract. Obviously you have to consider what would happen if another permanent parent came in the meantime and wanted to start within those 6 weeks (maybe a short Ofsted variation might be possible?)

The Juggler
29-09-2009, 12:41 PM
you could ask for the current learning journey so you can update it for the other CM. other than that, as others have said all the normal paperwork you would get filled in for a normal placement.

helenlc
29-09-2009, 01:20 PM
I had 2 LOs (brother and sister) last year for 7 weeks until their local day nursery had spaces for both of them.

I did all the normal paper work but had a weeks notice period.

youarewhatyoueat
29-09-2009, 06:29 PM
I wouldn't do a notice period without pay I would expect to be paid for the 6 week booking regardless, ask mum if you could have the childs learning journey and any information the cm would like to pass on would be helpful in a quick settling in.