PDA

View Full Version : Storage ideas..please help.xx

cathchad
28-02-2008, 11:28 AM
Hi,
I am wondering if anyone has any ideas for storage,i am currently minding in just my lounge with 1 bedroom for sleepers,up until now i have rotated my toys etc and they are stored in a shed and also in kids rooms, under beds etc.

I am in the process of having an extension built which will provide me with another reception room which i will then be minding in,i have 3 boys of my own and the room will also be dining/family room for my family,the room isnt huge(not sure of measurements),i would really like some hideaway storage if poss,has anyone else been in this situation or if anyone has got any links,ideas i will be so grateful!!!!!!!

I found a link here on another thread recommending fold away display boards,when i get paid i am going to invest in some i think as at the moment i only have small notice boards.
thanks in advance.
Cath.xx

Heaven Scent
28-02-2008, 12:18 PM
There was a thread about book storage here last night it might have some good links and ideas and also have you thought about those under bed storage boxes that roll in and out is you have space under any beds or what about those things that hang from the ceiling could some go in your kids room I'm lucky I have a huge floored loft with a stair access so just pop everything up there on shelves it very handy and I rotate the toys can't have everything out can you!!!!!!!!!!

Celine:littleangel:

Tatia
28-02-2008, 12:44 PM
I'm in the ocess of cleaning out and re-organizing cupboard under the stair. I want to kit it out with shelves and hooks for not only keeping my paperwork, crafts and stuff in but also book bags and coats for after school. Husband grumbling about giving up the storage space to childminding but then he grumbles when it's in tidy piles all over the house, too!

I love wicker or sea grass baskets for storage, too. They look nicer on display than plastic crates.

Can yo make room for one dedicated storage cupboard? At least the little bits would be tucked away.

anneriddington
28-02-2008, 12:46 PM
Wicker and seagrass do look nice but when I had my ofsted inspection comment was made on how pleased she was to see me using clear plastic storage boxes to allow children to see what is inside and encourage them to make their own choices.:)

cathchad
28-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Thanks for all your great ideas...my hubby gets a bit"childminding is taking over the whole house" at times!!!
I was hoping to get some built in wall cupboards that would hide everthing away nicely,i kind of want it out and acessable during the day,but in the evenings/weekends be able to put it all away quite easily...if that makes sense.
i think i am going to have a good sort out too,i have so much stuff im sure i dont need half of it.
Cath.xx:o

sarah707
28-02-2008, 02:27 PM
I have coloured plastic boxes with labels... i did wonder about the seagrass ones as natural alternatives, but have decided on just a few, keeping most to the plastic as I think they are sturdier.

I intend to do new labels though soon - I want to take photos of the box contents, put them on a label with printed writing, laminate for strength, hole punch them and put holes in the boxes - if I fasten them with short lengths of ribbon, it might just stop the little ones pulling all my lovely labels off :D

miffy
28-02-2008, 02:34 PM
Childminding does take over the whole house if you're not careful so I understand where your hubby's coming from

Ikea have lots of useful storage ideas some very reasonable also wilkos

I have a unit in the kitchen with six shallow drawers (see through) that I kep all paper card etc in - the children can then help themselves.It doesn't take up a lot of room.

Miffy xx

Annie_T
28-02-2008, 02:52 PM
soem kind of sack may work attached to the wall.... small one but big enough fit books in- if you know what i mean, other wise boxes are good idea, long you got soemwhere put them