PDA

View Full Version : Gutted, lost my main mindee

mumx3
28-09-2009, 06:25 PM
I cant believe it the mum of my main mindee has just called to say the dad has been made redundant and they have to give notice. I am absolutely gutted. I am really struggling and need to fill my places was so relying on the income. Just dont know what to do.

Off to bang head on a brick wall.

sarah707
28-09-2009, 06:30 PM
Oh I'm sorry!

When you're back from head banging, brush off your CIS advert and get your name out there.

Sending hugs xx

Daddy Day Care
28-09-2009, 06:35 PM
So sorry to hear this, maybe dad will fidn a job quickly and they want you back?

if not hope you fiond another mindee soon

gareth
xx

devoncm
28-09-2009, 06:35 PM
I know the feeling, ive just been given notice of my main mindee

Hope we both get something positive soon

Alibali
28-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Oh no! Hope it's not too long till you re-fill your space.

sunnysmile
28-09-2009, 07:54 PM
I know the feeling I earn £14 a day 4 days a week :eek: Seems that even a good grade makes no difference in our area.

Daftbat
28-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Sorry to hear this - get your adverts out - everywhere you can think of and tell the other minders in your area you have vacancies. Hopefully something will come along really soon.

mumx3
29-09-2009, 12:01 PM
thanks for the support everyone.

I am have been feeling physically sick since I had the bad news. Now mounting an operation to get my details out there

RedDragon
29-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Ah, I know that sick feeling. Hope things improve for you soon.xx.

LittleAcorns
29-09-2009, 12:14 PM
I cant believe it the mum of my main mindee has just called to say the dad has been made redundant and they have to give notice. I am absolutely gutted. I am really struggling and need to fill my places was so relying on the income. Just dont know what to do.

Off to bang head on a brick wall.

I was in the same boat at the beginning of summer, I lost 3 kiddies from the same family, a total of £180 per week, was sooooo worried, that I thought Id have to give up minding, but then more and more have come along and dare I say it its easier as its all younger ones (no after schoolers) so my daughter isnt feeling pushed out, instead of finishing work at 6 Im finished by 430 most days, its lovely

Keep your head away from the wall hunny :D and like Ive put in my other post to you get yourself out and about chatting to people, drop into convesation that you have a vacancy, you'll be suprised

my latest recruit:laughing: came from a mindee I look after one day a weeks mums, neighbour!!!!

mayberry
30-09-2009, 05:59 AM
Hope you fill your space soon

Dawn xx

Demonjill
30-09-2009, 06:31 AM
Sending hugs and good luck vibes to you...:thumbsup:

Hope you fill space soon:thumbsup:

charleyfarley
30-09-2009, 06:32 AM
Sorry to hear that, I hope the phone starts ringing for you very soon. :thumbsup: And for you too Marie :thumbsup:

CAROL XX

suzyblue
30-09-2009, 06:42 AM
Ive gone through some times like that, thought I would lose my house too as Im a single parent with a large mortgage but things have got better and better. It will work out, you could get that phone call any day!! Chin up!
sue x

PixiePetal
30-09-2009, 06:54 AM
I am in the same boat :(

Lost 2 to school and 1 to nursery which I was expecting at the end of last term. Still left 3 mindees to come along with me to new house. 2 days a week with income of £220. Then siblings dad changed his job and I was given notice - now doing 2 days for £80 and nothing coming my way yet.

I am still going to toddler group and am well known and often recommended(but you still have to have the demand:rolleyes: ) Walked to next village on Monday and put card in the local shop, you never know. Will ring CIS today and push a bit.

I live in hope. Meanwhile I need to update RA since moving and do my accounts :rolleyes: :blush:

Hope you fill up soon too:)

leenie
30-09-2009, 10:42 AM
Hi I know just how you feel in may this year I lost 2 full time mindee children at the same time one parent got made redundant and one the parents split up and she took the baby of to scotland owing me 4 weeks money never gave me any notice so I know how you are feeling now I live in shropshire and ita actually picking up here now with lots of enquiries so fingers crossed you will get a new mindee soon keep your chin up xx