PDA

View Full Version : why o why

nic76
28-09-2009, 05:44 PM
do parents send their kids when they have been poorly all weekend.

i had 3 kids today 2 of which have een poorly. the older one had a temp but was fine in himself and i had to take him school at 1pm as he is doing half days at the minute. he didnt want to go but mum said he had to

i also had a nearly 3 yr old who had a poorly tummy all weekend and was clearly under the weather when he came today.

arrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Blackhorse
28-09-2009, 05:51 PM
I have had kids sent when they were not that well...not sure how to deal with it..ie. where to draw the line...they were not infectious to others and not that unwell...but still not all great either...

I can understand the parents to a degree (unless the kids is really really unwell) as they are too under a lot of pressure to not have too many sick days at their own jobs..

my previous job now requires people to take time off with no pay for sick children...(that on top of a mandatory 4 weeks off without pay each year due to the economic situation)

I am not saying its right to send your kids when they are ill...but it isnt always that easy to stay home either....

nic76
28-09-2009, 06:28 PM
i do sympathise with the parents but one mum said she could come home but would rather he went to school.

the other didnt even tell me c had been ill untill i phoned and asked if something had upset c this morning as he was very tearfull

i dont mind having them with colds etc but would be nice to be informed they dont feel well

Blackhorse
28-09-2009, 06:43 PM
yeah you are right...that wasnt nice then..

at least all my parents let me know in detail what is happening with the kids..

Trouble
28-09-2009, 10:41 PM
nothing parents do suprises me anymore:panic:

i think some are very selfish:angry:

angeldelight
29-09-2009, 06:30 AM
Very annoying

Hope everyone is feeling a bit better today

Angel xx

nic76
29-09-2009, 09:12 AM
day off today. havent got any fulltime mindees yet which is a bit annoying but it is nice to do nothing for the day,lol

i suppose i can use this time for obs catch up etc but hate doing them. i really am a hands on person not paper work girl

if i wanted paper work i would have worked in an office aaarrrggghhhh