PDA

View Full Version : can a daily diary become a weekly diary?

FussyElmo
28-09-2009, 05:34 PM
I love the sheets that Louise craeted and find that since I have started using them the diary is written on and brought back. However i find it costs me a fortune in ink and paper for just a few lines. So I thought I would design one of mine own and make it a weekly one would this be ok do you think.

sarah707
28-09-2009, 06:16 PM
It depends on the child, the parents and other ways you can show evidence of sharing information.

some parents like the diary and read lots... others aren't that interested and if you do other things like a regular newsletter, emails, texts etc you can show you are communicating and that should be ok :D

FussyElmo
28-09-2009, 06:23 PM
Yes do a newsletter - regular texts (to the exterme sometimes:blush: ).

Just seems wasteful that I use an entire sheet for one day where I have got the entire day in one speech bubble:)

miffy
28-09-2009, 07:17 PM
Can't you shrink it down so you can fit more than one day on the sheet?

I use an A4 sheet for my daily diary but I have two days on each side so it's more economical

Miffy xx

FussyElmo
28-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Sorry didnt explain myself very well -yet again. I have put all five days on one page and left space for comments etc.

miffy
28-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Sorry, didn't read your first post properly.

Anyway, yes I think it's fine to make it a week to a page :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

Mrs.L.C
29-09-2009, 07:11 AM
This sounds good but the only thing is to consider the ages of the child - for older children this wouldnt be an issue but some of my parents for the under2's like to know about nappy changes, what and how much food and how much sleep they have add whilst with me - I would probably forget to communicate all of this at the end of the day and its also alot esp if you have 2/3.

Have you thought about using a note book for your daily diary?

FussyElmo
29-09-2009, 07:19 AM
This sounds good but the only thing is to consider the ages of the child - for older children this wouldnt be an issue but some of my parents for the under2's like to know about nappy changes, what and how much food and how much sleep they have add whilst with me - I would probably forget to communicate all of this at the end of the day and its also alot esp if you have 2/3.

Have you thought about using a note book for your daily diary?

Did a note book but it never came but mindee loves the sheets and talks about them with her mum. She is now 2 and 1/2 and dry so no need to do toilet training etc. I only have one full time the others are over 8.

Mrs.L.C
29-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Did a note book but it never came but mindee loves the sheets and talks about them with her mum. She is now 2 and 1/2 and dry so no need to do toilet training etc. I only have one full time the others are over 8.

sounds like it will work well then - I like the themed daily diarys but have younger children and would cost me a fortune

guest3
29-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Hi, sorry to sound daft but if I do the daily diary sheets, how do i prove to Ofsted that I communicate with the parents? I only started minding yesterday and the Mum has provided me with a small notebook to pass backwards and forwards. I like the child friendly sheets but aren't they just a means of one-way communication?

Wendy x

FussyElmo
29-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Hi, sorry to sound daft but if I do the daily diary sheets, how do i prove to Ofsted that I communicate with the parents? I only started minding yesterday and the Mum has provided me with a small notebook to pass backwards and forwards. I like the child friendly sheets but aren't they just a means of one-way communication?

Wendy x

the mum should write her comments on the page - notebook etc. This can be ideal world if the parent isn't bothered but it shows ofsted you are trying.

guest3
29-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Thanks for your advice Elmo. Do I then keep the diary sheets in the childs file?

Wendy x

FussyElmo
29-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Thanks for your advice Elmo. Do I then keep the diary sheets in the childs file?

Wendy x

I put mine in a separate folder I got the mindee to decorate it. She loves her diary book as she calls it!!!!