PDA

View Full Version : Food inspection over Hurrah

Heaven Scent
28-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Hey he's gone, he was a very nice young Asian man (boy) with an anorak and as nervious as me. He wouldn't sit down or have a drink thanks Sarah for all your help and to everyone else for all their good wishes and advice I now have yet another file to complete. He did tell me that I there were enough inserts in it to last me a year and told me when I run out just to give them a call so maybe thats a good sign as he said at the beginning that the frequency of visits would depend on the amount ot hazards the only recommendations were 1) that I am to calibrate my food temp probe every two weeks or so by putting it in a cup of boiling water to check its still working properly and 2) to complete SFBB pack - Neither of these are a legal requirement by the way, so hopefully I won't be hearing from them for a while. He also gave me 'No Smoking' signs for house and car and I put the ones up in the house when he was here. Did anybody do reflective practitioner course and if so what have you done with your file? Hey Hey SarahNev you'll be thrilled more paperwork.

TG thats over!!!!!!!!!!

Celine

ajs
28-02-2008, 11:34 AM
well done
i'm not registered and don't intend to until it's legally compulsory

as for the no smoking signs i told my network coordianator to bu***r off as i was not displaying them in MY house
it is a no smoking house and i don't need to display signs to say that
i don't smoke none of my family smoke and if someone came into my house who smoked they would either have to go outside or not have a cigerette when with me the same applies for my car

sorry

angeldelight
28-02-2008, 11:46 AM
Well done Celine

Well I have been registered for a while with the council and they have not called at my home they told me it was very unlikely that they ever would - hope they stick to that

The smoking you DO NOT have to have signs in your home

I agree Mandy with you but you do not have to have them anyway

Registered childminders already have to comply with the National Standards for Under-8s Day Care and Childminding which provide that neither they, nor others in the childminder’s home, may smoke in the presence of children at any time.

You may also wish to introduce a smokefree policy. This can be a verbal understanding between you and your assistants and other relevant people; incorporated into any existing health and safety policy; or you may wish to draft a separate written policy.

If your home is smokefree and you have a policy you do not need smoking signs in place

*From the national association of childminders website

flora
28-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Glad all went well Celine, now you know what to expect you won't be so nervous if there is a next time :D

deeb66
28-02-2008, 02:10 PM
Glad it all went well Celine

Well done :clapping:

Monkey1
28-02-2008, 02:12 PM
You can relax now thats over!

Banana
28-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Glad it went well. Well done!

x

sarah707
28-02-2008, 02:15 PM
Well done you! :clapping:

Calibrating food probe every 2 weeks seems a bit excessive... but hey, whatever they want we'll do I suppose! Thanks for the feedback...

Let's hope Macclesfield continue to be too busy to bother with me! :D

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
28-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Glad it went well for you.

Lorraine xx

Mollymop
28-02-2008, 02:33 PM
Well done! Glad it went ok for you X

Spangles
28-02-2008, 02:33 PM
I feel your relief!!! Cambridge don't want us to register unless we've got assistants at the moment as they can't handle the sheer number of minders they'd have to sort out! Yippee! That will change at some point though, unfortunately!

Glad it went well, can't believe it leads to yet more paperwork.

miffy
28-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Well done celine - another box ticked

Hope they don't bother you again

Miffy xx

Pauline
28-02-2008, 03:04 PM
Well done Celine :)

I agree with the others you don't need a no smoking sign unless the room/s you use are used only for childminding and nothing else.

Even if that was the case you could say that you use the room at weekends for your family, who could prove otherwise?

Heaven Scent
29-02-2008, 09:04 AM
Thanks for good wishes I will leave the no smoking signs up till Ofsted are gone I left the backing on them an put them up with blutac.

Sarahnev anorak boy works for both Macclesfield and Congleton Councils so you could be in for the same treat as me!!!!!!!! - Ah he was rather sweet really - He was asian and very nervous.

I've just been to the DS loo which is just inside front door and I think DH has just yanked smoking sign from the outside of loo door in protest.

He is a 20 a day man and finds it all rather annoying can't blame him really he pays the mortgage.

Celine.

sarah707
29-02-2008, 10:28 AM
Sarahnev anorak boy works for both Macclesfield and Congleton Councils so you could be in for the same treat as me!!!!!!!! - Ah he was rather sweet really - He was asian and very nervous. Celine.

Awww bless him!

I have a letter from Macc saying they don't want me to register... and I'm not doing anything til they make me! So there! :laughing:

Heaven Scent
29-02-2008, 10:50 AM
Hey thats not fair why have they picked on me then. I confronted him with the fact that I am the only childminder in the area who has had to register and he said it was the law and that all childminders have to be inspected now.

He said my name appeared in his tray and he had to deal with it - perhaps his ojt has not been all it should have been especially as he says I need to display no smoking signs.

Anyway I'm sure it will just be a matter of time before we are all having to do it - she says by way of self consolataion - it will be something I'll be familiar with and good at before other people for a change.:clapping: :clapping:

Celine:laughing: :laughing:

nell57
29-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Pleased it went ok for you
And at least its done with and out of the way now:jump for joy:

Helen

Hopscotch
01-03-2008, 12:54 AM
Well done and thanks for letting us know how you got on.
Bev x :thumbsup:

Niecynoo
01-03-2008, 01:05 AM
Well done pleased it went well xxx