PDA

View Full Version : REALLY Flipped Off

Pipsqueak
28-09-2009, 05:21 PM
And I am so sorry for nearly swearing. But I am SOOOOOOOOO hacked off:angry: :angry: (not at Harry at the hospital)

Went in to hospital with Harry at 10 as planned. Told the (student) nurse who done his obs and booked him in that its taken major mountains to get him in and he is quite agitated about being in hospital. She waved her hand and said #oh he will be fine' - I tried again to tell her how skitty he was feeling about it all and she just nodded (I think she thought I was just being an anxious mummy).

He had to sit up in that ward for nearly 5.5 hours watching everyone else eat and drink - smelling food - he had not eaten or drunk since 7am this morning. All this time he was gettng more and more peed off and agitated.

They gave him a time of 3pm to get his op - that came and went - 3.35 and he was ready to walk out of the ward when they came to get him.
Got him down to the anesthtic (?) room and he freaked totally freaked. He nearly punched the aneasthtist and fought of 3 nurses and ran out of the room. At which point I said enough.

They have sent him home as he 'was too distressed'. I was in tears and they asked me why I hadn't told anyone he was freaking like this - to which I said I did.

They have rebooked him (initially they wanted to do it again in 6 weeks) for a week Thursday. This means I have no work this week - can work next week and then off again the following (part) week. Friggin no money.

They have recommended that I go to my doctor and get him a sedative for the evening before (have rung my doctors and can't pre-book and appointment and I will have to 'take a chance' if I can get an appointment for when I need it (and apparently they won't pre-prescibe it as its open to abuse)

Frigging wonderful day!:angry: :angry: :censored:

sarah707
28-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Poor harry! And poor you too!

Sending hugs xx

Twinkles
28-09-2009, 05:27 PM
O pip ! no wonder you're fuming. Silly people. Why don't they listen to the parents. Just because it's something they do every day they often don't think it's a big thing to a kid.

Poor you having to go through it all again and poor Harry bet he's really stressed now isn't he.

Pipsqueak
28-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Yep - he is stressed , quite apart from the fact he think he has done something wrong now he is insistent he is not going back in:(

sorry for you having to edit Sarah:o

sarah707
28-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Yep - he is stressed , quite apart from the fact he think he has done something wrong now he is insistent he is not going back in:(

:laughing: S'ok!

I can see this thread is going to keep me busy :rolleyes:

Is he settled down now? xx

haribo
28-09-2009, 05:36 PM
feel for both of you . hope it goes better next time -fingers crossed:thumbsup:

Twinkles
28-09-2009, 05:37 PM

Oops ! me too :blush:

flora
28-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Poor Harry, thats awfull.

I would make sure you talk to the sister on arival next time, make sure he doesn't have to go through that again :panic:

Good luck getting it sorted :thumbsup:

madasahatter
28-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Pipsqueak, I would phone the consultant (or their clerk) and explain that your doctor won't prescribe a sedative and ask them if they can prescribe one, being as they think it's important that he is calm next time round.

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
28-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Poor Harry hope he is feeling abit better now he is home. xx

Good luck for next week though.

Monkey1
28-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Sending Hugs to you and Harry x

margimum
28-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Poor Harry!
What an ordeal for you both.
Hope it is a bit easier next time.
Sending big hugs to you both. ( Hope h is not too big for hugs?):blush:

TheBTeam
28-09-2009, 06:09 PM
What a horrible thing to happen, i hope all goes much better next time! Think i would be seeking some clarification that because of the circumstances they can sort him out early next time or if absolutely cant then could he stay at home longer.

emler
28-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Poor Harry and poor you Pip. Sending hugs to you both

sue m
28-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Poor little Harry, I really sympathize, my granddaughter Hollie is so fed up with hospitals she freaks as soon as she realises they are going to one. They never know whether to tell her and upset her or wait till they get there - and then upset her. She was the same when she had the lumbar puncture, even her Dad had to help hold her down till they got her under and my dil was was crying and so upset. It's as bad for you as it is for them. x

her8y
28-09-2009, 06:15 PM
What a horrible experience. My daughter has a diagnosed needle phobia and we have had experiences like this. They just seem to think we are neurotic mothers until the children "kick off" then its our fault for not telling anyone. Hubby has been left to pin her down on more than one occasionand she always comes round "fighting" too and hubby has had to make sure she didnt injure herself as nurses couldnt hold her. Def speak to the ward sister (insist on it). I would also speak to the ward clerk tomorrow and advise situation regarding doctors - they may be able to pull a few strings.

Lots of hugs for you and Harry,xxxx

sweets
28-09-2009, 06:20 PM
oh bless him, what a shame they didnt handle it properly! r u going to complain? i would definately ring them and ask them to sort out a sedative for him.

bigs hugs to both of you after your stressfull day

Tatjana
28-09-2009, 06:26 PM
Aww, i'm sorry you've both had an awful day. It's terrible that they didn't pay attention to what you told them in the first place:angry:

xx

RachelE
28-09-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm not surprised you are angry.

Honestly...:rolleyes:

Poor boy!

Hope all goes well next week. Fingers crossed. x

breezy
28-09-2009, 06:55 PM
love and hugs to you both x

Trouble
28-09-2009, 07:04 PM
send in a complaint into is it PAL and let them deal with it

explain about the fact your self employed and the amount of money you have and will lose

big hugs to you both

Pipsqueak
28-09-2009, 07:07 PM
I am calming down a bit and Harry is settling too although he is adamant he isn't going back - he has said he will run away from home if we make him:panic: So I am going to leave it for a couple of days.
If he doesn't end up getting it done then so be it.

I have been doing some ring rounds - James childminder has swine flu and has asked me to temporarily take 2 of hers, rang my 'parents' one wants me to have hers tomorrow morning and again Wednesday (they are off on hols Thursday), the other set of parent hasn't returned my call yet.
Advised parent that I may be returning to hospital next week and it all pans out fine for that family.

Have text non-paying parent again today (Brian dropped letter of this morning as well) advising that late fees are now being added (from yesterday) and I will pursue the money through legal proceedings by next week if he hasn't paid. I will bypass NCMA (although will ring and advise them but I don't expect to get any help from them) and go straight for a small claims filing myself.
Brian has checked out the address and seen the dads car outside so that ok.

kindredspirits
28-09-2009, 07:13 PM
poor harry - when george broke his leg in ibiza it screwed him up so badly (me having to hold his broken leg still for nearly 30 mins on the x ray table) that he screams blue murder if i so much try to change his nappy on a public changing table so i know what a nightmare this must be for you both.

sending huge hugs xxx

Blaze
28-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Poor you - both of you! & :angry: - & don't get him a sedative - cause next they will cancel the next op as it will be a different anethnatist who will reuse to do it!!! (Can you tell I've been there)!:rolleyes:

Basically he needs a pre-med as soon as he gets in - I would strongly recommend bribery to get him there ( not neccessarily something expensive - food - he chooses what to eat for dinner (that you can cook) for a week as ...an example & then make a nusence till they give him a pre-med - then he'll be all chilled:thumbsup:

Sending hugs. xxx

Daftbat
28-09-2009, 08:22 PM
So sorry to hear that you are having to go through this. What a performance! I agree that the sedative thing might backfire - the hospital needs to work with you on this. I would speak to them asap.

Blaze
28-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Oh & PS - COMPLAIN - LOUDLY!!!!;)

Minstrel
28-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Sorry PIP that you and Harry have had such an awful time- its not on - the way they made you wait so long-tis why i thought children were done first thing , to reduce the stress. Well if they dont then they should!

Hope next time goes better and he's not too scarred by it all- and agree with Blaze- complain LOUDLY!

Good luck hun xxx

ORKSIE
28-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Bless him, poor little man.
Sending you both a <<Hug>>

wendywu
28-09-2009, 11:12 PM
Its not fair, its bad enough being in Hospital when you are grown up.

But waiting nearly 6 hours when you are little is just not on, im not suprised he freaked out. :panic:

mandy moo
29-09-2009, 06:57 AM
What an awful experiance for you all, as others have said I would complain loudly too, and make sure something is sorted for next time..

The Juggler
29-09-2009, 12:53 PM
poor you. why didn't they give him a pre-med when he was there fgs. honestly. you should speak to complaints about your lost income!