PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted speaking to parents?

Tatjana
28-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Had a call from Ofsted today to say they're coming on Thursday fo rmy inspection, gulp!

She also asked me to ask the parents if they could speak with her at drop off, is this normal? I haven't heard of it before. Not that i'm worried, as I know they are happy with my care.

xx

helenlc
28-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Good luck!:thumbsup:

I have heard of Inspectors wanting to speak to parents. Its just to get their opinions and some feedback about the service you provide.

Slip them all a £20 note and ask for positive things to be said!!!:laughing:

Winnie
28-09-2009, 12:43 PM
Perfectly normal, you could do a questioner for the parents so their views can be heard if they are not there when the inspector is.

ORKSIE
28-09-2009, 12:43 PM
Good Luck with your Inspection:clapping:

FussyElmo
28-09-2009, 12:46 PM
They checked with mine if she knew the complaints procedure!

Tatjana
28-09-2009, 12:54 PM
They checked with mine if she knew the complaints procedure!

I doubt they do...I gave them copies of all my policies and they gave them back!

xx

grindal
28-09-2009, 12:57 PM
Good luck with the inspection - do you know the name of the inspector- dont know if they do the same areas, but you are not far from me? Mine was extremely hot on multi cultural resources and the accessibility of them.

carebear25
28-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Good luck with inspection.

Just had mine and inspector stil here at collection she asked me to ask her if she was ok with a few questions.

She only asked if she was happy and if she was kept up2 date with things.

Sure u wil b fine..

wendywu
28-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Just say they drop off and have to leave for work. :)

Tatjana
28-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Good luck with the inspection - do you know the name of the inspector- dont know if they do the same areas, but you are not far from me? Mine was extremely hot on multi cultural resources and the accessibility of them.

Lynne Polombo...or something like that, was out when she phoned so couldn't write it down.

Oh goodness, i have so much cleaning to do now nevermind brushing up on everything. :eek:

Thank you all for yor messages!:)

xx

Zoomie
28-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Awwww, just wanted to say good luck.

Fingers and toes crossed for you

xx

Sarahbelle
28-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Ofsted inspector spoke to one of my parents. She was late dropping off so she got nabbed. :laughing: She had nothing but nice things to say about me though, so no worries.