PDA

View Full Version : I'M FAMOUS!!!

OrlandoBelle
28-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Not only was my letter featured in this issue of Who Minds? But my local paper just phoned me asking my views on the headlines this morning about the policewomen illegally childminding. I might be in the paper now too!!

Apparently she did some research on the internet and she said I seem to be the most prominent childminder coming up in the area!! She wanted to send a reporter round later to take pictures of me but I said no!! I hate having pics taken! She took my name and details and was writing down bits that I said.

I will have to buy the paper every day this week now to see if i'm in there!:clapping:

sue m
28-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Woo-hooo! Just read your letter in Who Minds. And if that's our Pip underneath, hers too. Give them one of your wedding pics, you look gorgeous in those. x

Polly2
28-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Oh wow! you go girl :thumbsup:

OrlandoBelle
28-09-2009, 11:20 AM
Awww thank you. I think they wanted one with me and the mindees. But it was lunch time and they were ratty and have now eaten and fell asleep. Also didn't know how parents would be about their kids being in the paper as I don't think i have permission for that. Without going through all their paperwork I couldn't say for sure and the woman kinda put me on the spot! Lol. Oh well. There might be something in there without my photo. :)

TheBTeam
28-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Wow, I know someone famous!!!! Well done you!

My dh and i made it into our local paper when I passed my childminding quality standard, the wording wasn't completely as i said it, and it made me vow that i would avoid a photo in the future!

The Juggler
28-09-2009, 12:39 PM
get you! you're obviously doing something right to be the most prominent childminder in the area!

Well done.:clapping:

OrlandoBelle
28-09-2009, 12:43 PM
get you! you're obviously doing something right to be the most prominent childminder in the area!

Well done.:clapping:

I know, thats what I thought! I was flattered. I know my website is at the top of google for childminders in my area. Perhaps that has something to do with it. She also complimented me on that! Will be interesting to see what is written.. I hope she hasn't twisted everything I said.:(

LisaH
28-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Just grabbed my copy of Who Minds?

It is you, nice one and well said!!:)

Pudding Girl
28-09-2009, 01:08 PM
What did you say to the reporter then?

Ripeberry
28-09-2009, 01:11 PM
Can't wait for my copy! I'm in the Early Years magazine (Autumn 2009), did not even realise it until the headmistress at my daughters school asked me about it.
All I did was reply to an e-mail! But my DW loved it and wanted a copy of the original letter :o

OrlandoBelle
28-09-2009, 02:04 PM
What did you say to the reporter then?

She was just asking me what I thought of the situation and I was really just bigging up childminders - saying how we spent ages gaining qualifications and that we have first aid incase anything does go wrong.. that we are CRB checked - as are our family. She said " Do you think it is better for children to go to a childminder where there are lots of toys and stuff?" I said "well yeah, but its more than that, we work to the EYFS..." and told her a bit about that. Don't think she wrote anything down about that though as she sort of changed the subject - will be interested to see what is written in the paper! I said I feel it is more beneficial for children to go to someone who is qualified. She was just asking how many children I look after and their ages. I had a baby crying on my hip at the time so I cut it short.

Demonjill
28-09-2009, 03:08 PM
Woo well done :clapping: :clapping:

CAN I HAVE YOUR AUTOGRAPH PLEASE?:D

Daddy Day Care
28-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Ohhhhhhhhh your the first famous person ive ever met, woooohoooooo :clapping: :clapping:

Gareth
xx

Playmate
28-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Wow, I know someone famous!!!! Well done you!

My dh and i made it into our local paper when I passed my childminding quality standard, the wording wasn't completely as i said it, and it made me vow that i would avoid a photo in the future!

That makes 2 famous people you know then Bteam!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sarah707
28-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Well done you! :clapping:

TheBTeam
28-09-2009, 05:12 PM
That makes 2 famous people you know then Bteam!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ah, you caught me, actually i know quite a lot of famous people, may even be considered famous myself, (been in papers and magazines):laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It's a small world
28-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Well done you. I actually saw your letter in my first Who MInds mag that came today.

If you get inundated with enquiries you know where I am .. Hiope you and bump ok ?

misst104
28-09-2009, 07:43 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

well done you!!!!

xxx jo

Pipsqueak
28-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Well done Aims:clapping: :clapping:

my confession time - I have been twittering about not sending anything to NCMA and yes I did:blush: :blush: :blush: totally forgot:blush: :laughing:

pinklady
28-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Well done you!!:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

manjay
29-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Just had my copy today! Well done both of you:thumbsup:

Did you spot me?;)

LittleMissSparkles
29-09-2009, 11:47 AM
my copy of Who Minds has just arrived.. :thumbsup:

I would like to say hello to all my celebrity friends who star in this months addition xxx :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

PS Great photo Amanda xxx

Minstrel
29-09-2009, 12:23 PM
Just had my copy today! Well done both of you:thumbsup:

Did you spot me?;)

Just been back through it to spot you- great photo! :thumbsup:

manjay
29-09-2009, 12:38 PM
my copy of Who Minds has just arrived.. :thumbsup:

I would like to say hello to all my celebrity friends who star in this months addition xxx :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

PS Great photo Amanda xxx

Hubby took the photo for me. Jaydn is going to be so impressed when he gets home from nursery and sees himself in a magazine. Think it might go to his head:rolleyes:

Trouble
29-09-2009, 05:56 PM
Hubby took the photo for me. Jaydn is going to be so impressed when he gets home from nursery and sees himself in a magazine. Think it might go to his head:rolleyes:

which page????:D

i saw the 2 letters from 2 stars but not you:( :(

Pudding Girl
29-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Is there not an online version we Scotties could look at?

OrlandoBelle
30-09-2009, 04:47 PM
Well I just bought the Evening Telegraph and I'm in there!!! Not totally how I worded it but I'm in there! For a start Paul isn't even registered yet and they've put that we started the business together. Oh well, at least they mentioned my business name! I might get some enquiries now! Need some after schoolies!

If anyone wants me to sign copies I will be more than willing!!! :laughing::laughing: