PDA

View Full Version : She's done it again!!! UPDATE!!

LisaMcNally09
28-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Well after being paid late from my mindees mum last week i hate to be saying this but she's not paid again!!!:angry:

This time she sent her sister to drop lo off who i obviously cant approach about it!!!

What has annoyed me is first thing this morning she had put on her facebook status that she was going shopping today for clothes for a trip to Dublin she is going to on thursday!!:eek:

Whos betting i dont get it this afternoon!!! Well i warned her last week and if i dont get it this afternoon im slapping a five pound a day charge on!!!

I hate to sound petty but i dont want to let it become a problem!!!

LittleAcorns
28-09-2009, 10:41 AM
Oh dear its not fair is it? if I were you I'd send a quick text as a reminder...just short and sweet. hope you get paid later x

Hebs
28-09-2009, 10:42 AM
i would give her a final reminder to pay within 48 hours otherwise notice will be given,

after one parent leaving owing me ALOT of money i refuse to be taken for a mug again :thumbsup:

Mollymop
28-09-2009, 11:03 AM
I would txt or phone and ask for it. Good luck x

OrlandoBelle
28-09-2009, 12:04 PM
I don't think you're petty at all. I know just how you feel. I had a parent text me last night saying she wouldn't be able to pay me til weds. Fees were due this morning. I text her back saying "I have bills to pay today too and as this isn't the first time it's happened I will be applying my late payment charge of £5 per day." She text back no problem and was quite understanding! I wasn't expecting that!

You have to be firm with them I think and nip it in the bud or you'll have them owing £400 like one of my other parents!!!

Be cheeky and reply to her status "Don't forget to pay your Childminder before you spend it all on clothes! LOL"

Hope she pays up this afternoon!

singlewiththree
28-09-2009, 12:23 PM
I'm feeling annoyed with my parent who has gone from paying at the start of the week to the end of the week which means I can't get the cheque in the bank until the following week :angry: you aren't petty at all.

estrelas
28-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Well after being paid late from my mindees mum last week i hate to be saying this but she's not paid again!!!:angry:

This time she sent her sister to drop lo off who i obviously cant approach about it!!!

What has annoyed me is first thing this morning she had put on her facebook status that she was going shopping today for clothes for a trip to Dublin she is going to on thursday!!:eek:

Whos betting i dont get it this afternoon!!! Well i warned her last week and if i dont get it this afternoon im slapping a five pound a day charge on!!!

I hate to sound petty but i dont want to let it become a problem!!!

I'd stick a twenty pound late fee on, never mind five!!!
I had a nightmare month where no one paid!! I had my phone cut off. I was owed well over 1000, nearly gave up minding!! Instead I gave notice to them all, then told them why. They all felt bad, they are all currently on last warnings, I have added a twenty pound charge to my fees policy. I never want to be in that position again!
We have to be sooooo strong when it comes to money and it took me a while to realise that!

helenlc
28-09-2009, 12:50 PM
Dont feel petty or bad about it - the parent would be going mad if their employer said "I cant pay you this week!!!"

Be strong and stick to your guns.

One of my parents who pays me on a Friday didnt bring her LO on Friday and said Can I bring the money Monday? I said No and that I needed it that day. Her money gets us over the weekend, so I couldnt be without it.

wendywu
28-09-2009, 01:10 PM
You should have turned her sister and mindee back home to get the money.:angry:

LisaMcNally09
28-09-2009, 04:26 PM
Well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She gave me the money!!! Too much actually!! But i couldnt communicate that to her because........................................... .................................................. .....she was drunk!!!!!!!!:eek:

I had to try and explain why I was ringing her mum to come and get LO. She wasnt happy with me but I just said she had signed a policy saying she understood I would not pass over and child in my care to a drunk person!!!

Im written it up in my incident book and Im gonna have to give her a written warning tomorrow!! My god....a month in to the job and Ive got this!!! I could cry!!!!

little miss chatterbox
28-09-2009, 04:31 PM
oh my word! well done you for standing your ground and protecting the needs of the child! did you get hold of her mum ok? what an awful situation to be in - was she driving too?

Monkey1
28-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Well done hunny for handling that so well!:clapping:

Pudding Girl
28-09-2009, 05:57 PM
You did exactly the right thing, well done :D

nic76
28-09-2009, 06:13 PM
well done you for taking charge and getting someone else to pick up the mindee

LisaMcNally09
28-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Because id been to a childrens centre with the kids this afternoon the mindee was getting picked up outside (they only live round corner) so no she wasnt driving!! I just rung her mum on the mobile while she tried letting the mindee out of his pushchair!!:eek:

Her mum came straight away and wasnt impressed with me really but I dont care!! As i was walking away i saw mindees gran hand him over to the drunk mum but i cant do anything about that! I did what i was supposed to but i really felt intimidated to be honest!! I hate confrontation but Im so big on protecting kids (hence me choosing childcare!!)

Anyway, whats upsetting me most (and this is silly really) is for the last couple of weeks E has hated going to the childrens centre....its a music group and he's screamed everytime we have gone!! Anyway, today he actually joined in with everything and I was so looking forward to telling his mum what a good day we'd had!! So i never got to tell her!!!:(

bubbly
28-09-2009, 06:25 PM
I'm STILL waiting for money owed to me since mid-July! I had to terminate the contract because I was moving out of the area. The parent (the notorious parent who never paid me on time) only part-paid his final week's bill, claiming he didn't have enough money but would mail it on to me. Needless to say I never received it. In order to get ANY of the final week's money, I had to threaten him with legal action and I also had to throw him off my property for being rude and obnoxious.

Due to him, I'm not minding at the moment. I've written-off the missing money as I don't want to put myself through the ordeal of the Small Claims Court.

mrsgreen
28-09-2009, 06:51 PM
omg how drunk was she? i think i would have phoned childrens services and told them mum was in charge drunk!! some parents make me sick.

i think i would have completely overreacted!
well done for taking care of him, pat on back.
maybe change your payment policy with her? ask her to pay a week in advance?
xx

Mollymop
29-09-2009, 07:08 AM
I think you did really well!! Well done x

LittleMissSparkles
29-09-2009, 08:56 AM
I think you handled it all really well xxx

Chatterbox Childcare
29-09-2009, 09:26 AM
Well done you.

Are you giving notice because she was late paying or because she was drunk? Shame as mindee was just getting settled.

Might be worth a note to you DW and discuss the situation and maybe they will take it further