PDA

View Full Version : Carpet Cleaning

sarah707
28-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Well, after months of not being sure, I have finally booked a carpet cleaning man to come and do something about my front room, hall, stairs and landing... he's coming on Monday and says it will be dry in a couple of hours.

I am writing a quick risk assessment now and I will tell parents tonight... can anyone think of anything else I need to do? :D

...Just need to find a patio building person who won't rip me off and a cooker cleaning company who aren't easily shocked now! :panic:

angeldelight
28-02-2008, 10:29 AM
Buy laminated floor like me !!!

Angel xx

sandy
28-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Hi sarah,

Not sure how much carpet cleaning is but we spent £200 on a big VAX cleaner in Jan and its brilliant.

Carpets come up almost like new and it was worth worth every penny when my labrador had an upset stomach on one carpet at 11pm one night with mindees arriving at 7.15 next morning. :censored:

After really thorough clean I was quite happy for mindees to use that room - looked and smelt perfectly clean. dry by morning too.

Sandy :)

angeldelight
28-02-2008, 10:37 AM
I agree with Sandy they are supposed to be really good

At least you can then do it in your own time and as often as you like

Angel xx

sarah707
28-02-2008, 10:50 AM
I used to have a vax but I ended up giving it away... and yes it was brilliant, I agree... but... I had 2 main problems with it...

I couldn't lift the thing when it was full of water to tip it out and I couldn't work out how to clip all the hoses even with the instruction leaflet :blush:

mamapink
28-02-2008, 10:58 AM
hi can not think of anything else you need

I bought a vax last year off of ebay it cost 60 quid and has been great we are in our new house now where i have tiled flooring and wooden else where

so hubby uses it for work now as it brings up the interiors of cars great
not very helpfull i know i just thought i would share

bye pink:o

miffy
28-02-2008, 11:10 AM
I think you're very wise getting someone in to do it - I hired a cleaner once and although it was good I was kn*****ed by the time I'd finished - did do the whole house though that might have had something to do with it

Miffy xx

Mags
28-02-2008, 11:48 AM
Cleaning carpets is a really hard work. I only have carpet on my stairs and landing now, the rest of the house is laminated....thank god!!!!! Beast thing i ever did, so easy to clean and keep on top of. When stairs carpet begins to look tired i am lucky enough to be able to give my eldest son a call....he's a carpet fitter and runs his own buisness.

Hopscotch
28-02-2008, 12:14 PM
Ive got a vax they are good, but the only trouble is if you need to keep vaxing the carpet it starts to fade like mine has and now have just given up and i will be getting laminate flooring sometime soon i hope.
Bev X

Tily Bud
28-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Well, after months of not being sure, I have finally booked a carpet cleaning man to come and do something about my front room, hall, stairs and landing... he's coming on Monday and says it will be dry in a couple of hours.

I am writing a quick risk assessment now and I will tell parents tonight... can anyone think of anything else I need to do? :D

...Just need to find a patio building person who won't rip me off and a cooker cleaning company who aren't easily shocked now! :panic:

Shame you dont live nearer Sarah, Mark would have done it for you !

jmoff
28-02-2008, 12:20 PM
hi

we need to have ours done too...
By the way, it usually takes longer than 2 hours to dry...so hope you have lots of sheets to put on the stairs etc.

Jana

Heaven Scent
28-02-2008, 12:45 PM
I have a vax like SarahNev and have had it for years and its been a great vacuum cleaner. We used it to clean carpets twice and a setee once and it was so much hard work I decided to give up on the setee and bought a new one was moving to a brand new house and thought didn't want a smelly one in it was 8mths pregnant at the time with toddler under 2 and it was such a hot summer (1987) With new house came a new dyson despite having all hard floors downstairs and only carpets upstairs because also with new house came a new baby and dyson had antil allergy thing. Used that for 7 years and moved again and bought another cleaner Meile this time toss up between that and Sebo both have brilliant suction Meile won cause of hard floor head. When I replaced each vaccum cleaner I had last one serviced so now use Vax for cars. Meile for downstairs its light for regular cleaning an dyson upstairs for emergency use don't know what I'll do if I move house again. Anwyay point is that I was going to keep vax set up in this house as a hard floor washer so could mop floor quickly cause bought the head for this purpose years ago but husband kept turning it back into dry vacuum an I gave up the fight and its really just as easy with a mop and bucket anyway. I have now been looking seriously at new upright vax to keep just for carpet and floor washing I think that would be much better none of those stupid hoses to connect to other hose and it would roll across the carpet as you cleaned it not like the one I have you need muscles of iron. My old Vax is now 17 years old and still going strong.

Celine

deeb66
28-02-2008, 12:49 PM
I have one of those Bissell unpright cleaners................wonderful creation.

They do normally retail at around £280 but I think Argos had one the other day for virtually half price....don't know if it is still on offer now.

crazybones
28-02-2008, 01:30 PM
:veryangry: All this talk of carpet cleaning.... my whole ground floor has laminate floor except one room. I borrowed my friends vax cleaner 2 weeks ago and cleaned this carpet. Guess which room William has just taken the lid off his milk in :censored:

Guess I will be borrowing the cleaner again this weekend.

Annie x

Spangles
28-02-2008, 02:54 PM
Shame you don't live nearer to us too as Darren loves cleaning out cookers!

He always does our cooker and the stuff he uses is amazing, you just spray it on, leave it for a while, go back and it all wipes clean off! The shelves just go in these bag things and get all clean too!

I'll try to find out what it is, it's just from Tesco though. Be a lot cheaper than getting a man in.

sarah707
28-02-2008, 03:35 PM
Oh Cheryl I do wish I lived closer as well... I really want to find someone who is reasonably priced and won't take the mickey cos I'm a woman... soooo many of them do!

At least oven cleaning companies have set prices so I can't go far wrong! :laughing:

wendywu
28-02-2008, 04:14 PM
I had my carpets cleaned about three weeks ago, put it through my accounts. But i got him to come on a saturday, i could not cope with having it done while i was minding.:panic:

littlesprogs
28-02-2008, 06:44 PM
tomorrow i'm paying £80 to have my house cleaned to raf standards. I am then paying an extra £30 to have the cooker cleaned and an extra £30 to have all the carpets cleaned (lounge, hall stairs and landing, 2 bedrooms). I think i got a good deal :D

son77
28-02-2008, 06:47 PM
I cleaned my oven yesterday, took me 2 hours but it's spotless :jump for joy:

Amaranth
28-02-2008, 07:57 PM
I have one of the Bissell upright ones like Dee. It's fantastic and I wouldn't be without it. It is so easy to use and not at all back breaking like some of the others I have used in the past. I use it to clean the bases of the travel cots and the prams too.

emma04
28-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Shame you don't live nearer to us too as Darren loves cleaning out cookers!

He always does our cooker and the stuff he uses is amazing, you just spray it on, leave it for a while, go back and it all wipes clean off! The shelves just go in these bag things and get all clean too!

I'll try to find out what it is, it's just from Tesco though. Be a lot cheaper than getting a man in.

The stuff is called 'Oven Pride' and its fabulous!!! Supermarkets sell it......Can't believe i'm posting about oven pride again this month!!!:laughing:

sarah707
28-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Thank you for the suggestions about the Bissell - I am looking to replace my Dyson at some stage - it's too heavy to lug upstairs and not great on the hard floors...

I think you got a great deal there Louise - I'm paying £75 for the carpets and looking at £45 for the cooker I think... but if it's clean and done by somebody else, I think it's worth it! :D