PDA

View Full Version : How much planning for 2 yrs and under?

helenlc
27-09-2009, 05:05 PM
So my current mindees are 2 yrs and 1 month, 16 mths and starting this week a 9 month old.

I had been using weekly planning sheets with my 3 yr old previous mindee and it was quite easy to fill up with stuff to do at his age.

Do I need to be quite so thorough and in depth with the ages I have now?

They mostly like to just free play. The 2 yr old likes crafts but the 16 mth old isnt fussed. She doesnt sit still either which I know is her age but makes doing things as per any plans quite hard.

I wondered whether to do a monthly planning sheet instead and aim to achieve something in one of the 6 areas of learning once a month. The rest of my planning I would show with continuous provision? Is this ok?

Allie
27-09-2009, 05:08 PM
You are allowed to do it however you like:) as long as you use the EYFS

Allie

sarah707
27-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Most of mine for little ones is retrospective based on what the choose to play with on the day.

I'll also show that I am putting things out to meet their interests / learning styles / schemas etc.

I do about 2 sides of A4 per month planning for my little part timers... that includes parents notes, next steps and notes from other settings if relevant :D

angeldelight
28-09-2009, 06:05 AM
Sounds great Helen

Have fun

Angel xx

singlewiththree
28-09-2009, 06:28 AM
Most of mine for little ones is retrospective based on what the choose to play with on the day.

I'll also show that I am putting things out to meet their interests / learning styles / schemas etc.

I do about 2 sides of A4 per month planning for my little part timers... that includes parents notes, next steps and notes from other settings if relevant :D

How on earth do you fill two sides?
I have an A4 notebook and fill half of that with what I'm getting out, ideas I have for their schema and places we will go and how they all link to EYFS but thats it however I do only have 1 mindee. Do you have all your mindees on the same paper?

sarah707
28-09-2009, 06:56 AM
Big writing? :cool: :huh: :D

Helen79
28-09-2009, 09:43 AM
Sarah do you have a sheet to fill out? is there one on your website?
I'm struggling with how to record all my planning out for my littles

helenlc
28-09-2009, 12:40 PM

So would you put something in their individual planning about what they played with and that you plan to get it out again?

Do you do continuous provision planning each month or is it literally a case of writing what you have, what areas it links to and letting it run and run?

If I adapted one of the weekly planning sheets to being monthly, do you think this would be sufficient?

Sorry for all the questions but I dont want to do more than I need to (:blush: ) but neither do I want to miss anything out either!!

sarah707
28-09-2009, 04:49 PM
Front page - weeks 1 to 5 - 2 sections for each...

1. planning ideas for the week (some what I will do, some what the child did)

2. thoughts for next steps

3. comments / notes

Back page

1. Round up of 6 areas of Eyfs - how they have been met and next steps ideas to carry forward to next month

2. Comments from parents / other settings

3. Brief (the key word is brief) evaluation of an activity or something the child did or how I might have improved outcomes for that child this month.

the inspection format is all about ... what is it like for the child here? What I hope to show is that the individual child's needs have been met.

Hth :D

helenlc
28-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Thank you Sarah - you're a star!!!

:clapping: :clapping:

Rach30
28-09-2009, 09:43 PM
I do a monthly plan and each area put one (or more if i can think of one !) aim/idea/activity for each child. Its all done on one spidergram with each child written in a different coloured pen.