PDA

View Full Version : Puddings

patevans
27-09-2009, 03:55 PM
What sort of things does everyone give as puddings other than fruit and yoghurts?

sweets
27-09-2009, 04:02 PM
i have tried alsorts of puddings with my mindees but they wont eat them! i tried fruit crumbles, custard,sponge puds. all they say is "can we have a yogurt instead!" so i have given up. i do occasionaly for a treat get chocolate yogurts, but try not too as i end up eating them!

Saranotts
27-09-2009, 04:06 PM
As a treat mine have meringue with fruit and ice cream.

Sara

Pudding Girl
27-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Sponges with custard, fruit with custard (like stewed apples but also tinned pears and peaches are especially good) milk puds such as blancmange, rice pud, semolina, bread and butter pudding, scones with jam, tinned fruit (in juice) with evaporated milk.

Occasioanlly icecream or jelly.

Playmate
27-09-2009, 04:11 PM
I don't do puddings apart from fruit and yogart. Coming from a family that has a tendancy to put on weight, puddings are reserved as treats :D

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
27-09-2009, 04:25 PM
i have tried alsorts of puddings with my mindees but they wont eat them! i tried fruit crumbles, custard,sponge puds. all they say is "can we have a yogurt instead!" so i have given up. i do occasionaly for a treat get chocolate yogurts, but try not too as i end up eating them!

same here, everytime i try to offer a pudding they ask for grapes or yougurts, lord i get through so many bunches of grapes they are addicted

sarah707
27-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Yoghurt, fromage frais, ice cream... sometimes crumbles, pies or sponges with custard.

I look after 2 children who won't touch fruit which makes me very sad.

We tend to forget that children need the fat and sugar.

I'm not talking about lots or high fat / sugar stuff but they need more than us as part of a healthy diet. :D

mushpea
27-09-2009, 05:54 PM
we have ice-cream, home made cakes and buns, banana and custard , chocolate or strawberry mouse.
if i was to do fruit and icecream they wouldnt eat it so i just make sure they have fruit for snacks and veg with tea then pudding is whatever i come accross.