PDA

View Full Version : I feel a bit mean!!

Lily Grace
27-09-2009, 01:27 PM
I have a mum coming to visit me next week and I said I would call to arrange a visit. When I first started minding, the mums would come round at a time that was convenient to them but after a few no shows and time wasters I am being mean and telling them when it is convenient for ME!! Is it a bit harsh??

Twinkles
27-09-2009, 01:29 PM
Not at all. Give them a choice of a few mutually convenient times. I don't do weekends so it has to be evenings if they want to see me.

helenlc
27-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Do it when it suits you and dont feel guilty!

As you say with all the no shows, it has to suit you.

amanda1309
27-09-2009, 03:39 PM
you are allowed a life outside of childminding.
Give them a few options and hopeully they will suit them also.

Ripeberry
27-09-2009, 04:29 PM
I've not even thought about asking them when they want to come. I just tell them when I'll be available. Basically so I can fit them in and do a mad clean as the same time :panic:

fionamal
27-09-2009, 05:02 PM
I must be mean too as I only accept visits now whilst im working so its not wasting my own family time

lovemyprams
28-09-2009, 09:57 AM
Same here! I arrange visits when I am working too. I also think it is important for parents to see me when I have the little ones here so they know how I interact with the children. I do however, avoid lunchtimes.

I would also mention that if they are going to be late or cannot make it to ring you as there is nothing more annoying than someone being late or not turning up at all!:mad:

Good luck:)

Daddy Day Care
28-09-2009, 05:18 PM
I certianly wouldnt be feeling mean, Most people would arrnage it when its convenient for them

Gareth
xx

Heaven Scent
28-09-2009, 08:58 PM
No need to feel mean you are entitled to hold your interviews whenever suits you best - I tend when possible to meet parents in the early evening or just after lunch when I have sleepers for the first time then, I insist that parents come without the children to complete the paperwork. Once that is done I ask them to bring the children for a couple of visits in the afternoon when all or most of the kiddies are sleeping - infact all mine sleep for a couple of hours in the afternoon. I have my fingers crossed that I have a new starter about to join my little clan but as she is 3.5 she won't be a sleeper but that doesn't matter because that would mean I am as full as I need to be. ( I wish I had the option of thinking I could choose to be as full or empty as I want to be) fingers crossed for me please.

Anyway that is how I do it. Good luck and stick to your guns.

gegele
28-09-2009, 09:02 PM
if they were t visit a nursery they would be given a day and time.
if they were to see a doctor, a bank manager, an employer....they would be given a day and time.
so why should you be any different??

you're a professionnal.:thumbsup:

Playmate
28-09-2009, 09:31 PM
if they were t visit a nursery they would be given a day and time.
if they were to see a doctor, a bank manager, an employer....they would be given a day and time.
so why should you be any different??

you're a professionnal.:thumbsup:

This is soooo true, We need to be assertive and stand our ground :clapping: