PDA

View Full Version : new rules on assistant variations??

littleme
27-09-2009, 08:56 AM
Can anyone offer any advice? after reading the eyfs I read that if a childminder works with another childminder or an assistant, ratio numbers apply to each individual. But now after starting the registering process for my new assistant the guy at the end of the phone when I called ofsted to see how her checks were progressing happend to mention that this is not the case and it only tends to up it by one and after talking to my network co-ordinater she said you have to apply for varience on every new child, but this could take up to six weeks?? what parent is going to wait that long. HELP!!!:panic:

sarah707
27-09-2009, 11:20 AM
Information about assistants is here -

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25

I will move your post to that area as well...

Variations are a nightmare at the moment and people are waiting up to 6 weeks - it's a big problem for a lot of childminders.

Hth :D

Chatterbox Childcare
27-09-2009, 01:55 PM
You don't have to get a variation for each child if you want to increase your numbers.

On my certificate is states that I can have 9 children under the age of 8 and then goes on to the ages relating to assistants.

You need to check your insurance though as they only allow you 10 or 12 depending on who you are with when working with an assistant but it can go up to 15 if 2 childminders work together.

littleme
28-09-2009, 09:42 PM
How do I go about getting registered for more then without applying for variences? do I have to have an inspection or do they do it automatically after all the suitability checks? I have asked ofsted each time I phone but I get different answers!!! Im panicing because I have a mommy waiting for the end of october and it would pay my assistants wages but if it drags on for over six weeks Im going to lose her. :panic:

JJAY
18-03-2010, 06:00 PM
You don't have to get a variation for each child if you want to increase your numbers.

On my certificate is states that I can have 9 children under the age of 8 and then goes on to the ages relating to assistants.

You need to check your insurance though as they only allow you 10 or 12 depending on who you are with when working with an assistant but it can go up to 15 if 2 childminders work together.

Hi
I've just applied and the new forms have to have all the children on and what time from and to, also ages of each child. I think it must have changed since you got your certifiacte.

loocyloo
21-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Hi
I've just applied and the new forms have to have all the children on and what time from and to, also ages of each child. I think it must have changed since you got your certifiacte.

i am allowed 12 under 8's ( :eek: ) when working with an assistant (6 each, max 3 under 5 as per usual ratio ) and i didn't have to fill any forms out etc, that was agreed with the inspector when i sorted out my assistant. i was told it was down to the amount of space i had!

i have recently got a variation to allow me 4 under 5, and that stands even when i am working with my assistant! i'm allowed 4 and she is allowed 3! i had to fill out the form with what children/when/hours/days/etc so i put it on it what happens when my assistant is working, and when i spoke to the variations team, it wasn't even queried!