PDA

View Full Version : made beautifull card soon as mum appears

staciew1985
28-02-2008, 08:00 AM
my child that is most demanding my 2 year is becoming really well behaved with me coz she now knows what she can do and can't get away with. so anyway we sat down and made her mum a lovely card for mothers day when mum came to get her she started being her typical self and not doing anything her mum asks and they ended up ripping the cad in half before they even left my house the pair of em. i just think why do i bother i love doing crafts and sepcial bits with them but i just feel like sometimes it's so wasted on this one child the rest are angels most of the time lol

miffy
28-02-2008, 08:05 AM
That's really disappointing but I know exactly what you mean - you put in all the time and effort not to mention the expense and either it's destroyed before they leave or you find it in a crumpled heap in their bag days later

Oh dear I sound like a real misery :laughing: Some parents do appreciate what we do!

Miffy xx

sarah707
28-02-2008, 08:22 AM
I know exactly what you mean too... it's the crumpled heaps I find so upsetting - or when you hand parents a pile of papers and they fold them into 6 and shove them in their pocket... I want to scream at them!

But you have the memory of a nice afternoon spent creating with their child... that's more than they can hold onto in years to come :D

lindylou
28-02-2008, 08:28 AM
What annoys me is when you find beautiful art work screwed up in the bag 4 days later
Linxx

angeldelight
28-02-2008, 10:41 AM
I agree with you all

I dont think parents realise the time / effort and money that we put into doing craft work etc

That is one of the reasons I always take pictures at least the craft work looks lovely on them !!

Angel xx

avril
28-02-2008, 10:46 AM
I agree with you all

I dont think parents realise the time / effort and money that we put into doing craft work etc

That is one of the reasons I always take pictures at least the craft work looks lovely on them !!

Angel xx

Me too photo albums full of what we have made but I have happy memories when looking through them and remembering what the children said and did whilst doing the craft. Ahh a trip down memory lane!!! :laughing:

avril x

Hopscotch
28-02-2008, 12:26 PM
Or if you do cooking with them and they take a cake home on the friday and on the monday you find it squashed up in the bottom of the bag.
:angry: :angry:

Bev X

deeb66
28-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Or if you do cooking with them and they take a cake home on the friday and on the monday you find it squashed up in the bottom of the bag.
:angry: :angry:

Bev X

I too have the same problem....it does frustrate me I find stuff screwed up in the bottom of the bag.

Must be even more upsetting to find food stuck at the bottom of the bag :panic:

Spangles
28-02-2008, 02:02 PM
I had B today, she's only 14 months but we did handprints on a poem sheet for mother's day and I laminated it so it wouldn't get ruined! He he!

Don't think I needed to really as I believe the mum appreciates what we do but just wanted to make sure her little monkey of a brother didn't get his hands on it and ruin it for mum!

Splish Splosh
28-02-2008, 04:12 PM
I have a 3 year mindee like that who turns into a beast as soon as mum rings the bell of the evening! mum has to hold the things above her head or they are screwed up and thrown in the road. Last time she ate it and ended up with blue paint in her mouth! dont ask!!!!!!!!!!!

Rubybubbles
28-02-2008, 06:34 PM
I feel so good it's not just me! Today (cos I couldn't wait till tomorrow) we did our mini pots of care daffodil covers, baby done hand prints and the 2 yr old coloured it in. Baby's mum was so made up and cried:D , but 2 yr old's went oh lovely, then said don't forget to get his stuff from creche tomorrow I know they'll of done some mothers day stuff:eek: ! So the fact your son had spent since Oct looking after this plant (not to mention the planning for me linking it in with spring, mothers day AND st.davids day :censored: :censored: )

She just put it like I had done nothing :censored: , I may give her a used teabag on her card now:laughing:

Tily Bud
28-02-2008, 07:02 PM
I really dont think parents have any idea how much time and effort we put into caring for their children and in return what do we get ? a mumbled thanks at the most :angry: :angry: :angry:

louise
28-02-2008, 08:32 PM
It does annoy me. I had a feeling that my mindees pics are just put where ever so i decided to do what i've done with my sons pictures. I put them all in clear wallets in a folder some get sent home others on wall. Just realised that she has never asked to look at it! Mind you she did mention that he tells her he has done colouring and then you do get the tell tale paint on nails. I love the folder and seeing how he has progressed.

I had a mindee from sept-dec. I told her about her folder and she loved doing things for it and loved taking it home when she finished.
lou