PDA

View Full Version : A bit confused about moving home risk assessments

clorogue
26-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Hopefully we are moving within the next few weeks, the house is occupied at the moment and I have already been around seeing what needs to be done with regard to childminding. It is immaculate, yet old-fashioned and a lot of potential.

I am not sure how to put it in writing to Ofsted as I won't know everything until I get there, yet I want to be up and running very quick. Somethings can't obviously be done straight away, eg some of the garden needs clearing a bit, lots of shrubs - do I say that no children allowed in garden until it is done and list that it is going to be done? Do I send risk assessments of what I have seen so far and then send another risk assessment in when I am there. Appreciate any help at all! Can anyone give me any examples of moving house risk assessments. THANK YOU!

Mrs.L.C
26-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Hi fiingers crossed the move goes well for you.

We have recently moved and I just did a basic risk assessment for the things I could think of like flooring, windows, doors/keys to hand if needed in emergency, gates on stairs etc but Ofsted made an appointment to come round anyway as soon as I wanted them to and they were really good and understood we were still unpacking and I just told them what I was planning if something wasnt set up so I wouldnt worry too much about missing things on the risk assessment

I had my certificate within 2 days after they came out aswell

clorogue
26-09-2009, 07:59 PM
Hi fiingers crossed the move goes well for you.

We have recently moved and I just did a basic risk assessment for the things I could think of like flooring, windows, doors/keys to hand if needed in emergency, gates on stairs etc but Ofsted made an appointment to come round anyway as soon as I wanted them to and they were really good and understood we were still unpacking and I just told them what I was planning if something wasnt set up so I wouldnt worry too much about missing things on the risk assessment

I had my certificate within 2 days after they came out aswell

Thank you so very very much, appreciate it. You are the first I have heard of of Ofsted actually coming out - interesting. Thanks again!