PDA

View Full Version : double buggy for shorties!

sweets
26-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Can anyone recomend a double buggy thats reasonably easy for a 5ft tall person to push? lol.

I hate the things but may have to buy one soon, the last one i had was awful! cant remember the make but i found it really hard work.

I need to it fold up reasonably small too and be light.

can't afford phil and teds or anything like that, just want one for occasional use and short walks.

funtoplay
26-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Hi, I have the opposite problem I am over 5"10 and am hunched over with most buggies!!!! Perhaps we could take a bit off your buggy and put it on mine!!!

Julia

Chatterbox Childcare
26-09-2009, 04:56 PM
I am 5ft 2" and I love my three wheeler. It is the Odyssey from Mothercare and is fab. I would go to Mothercare and try the different ones out. I like the fact that the back wheels come out easily for storage and boot space.

sweets
26-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Hi, I have the opposite problem I am over 5"10 and am hunched over with most buggies!!!! Perhaps we could take a bit off your buggy and put it on mine!!!

Julia

lol if only it was possible! we could do the same with jeans and trousers too as i have trouble buying them as well:laughing:

Mrs.L.C
26-09-2009, 05:07 PM
the out n about nipper is quite low and easy to push - folds up small for a 3 wheeler but obv not as small as an umbrella fold

singlewiththree
26-09-2009, 05:08 PM
I'm 5ft 3 and I have a Jane Powertwin and you can drop the handle height :)

sweets
26-09-2009, 05:12 PM
they are a bit expensive for me at the mo! wanted a decent one but a cheapie really. looked on ebay but good ones dont come on very often and would like a new one really.

Mrs.L.C
26-09-2009, 05:17 PM
they are a bit expensive for me at the mo! wanted a decent one but a cheapie really. looked on ebay but good ones dont come on very often and would like a new one really.

Yes they can be but not so bad when getting them 2nd hand - Nothing wrong with 2nd hand pushchairs as long as you can see them/inspect them before buying.

Chatterbox Childcare
26-09-2009, 05:21 PM
try ebay and seach urban detour and then twin/multiples and you will see about 5 for £50.00

Blaze
26-09-2009, 05:27 PM
I second the urban detour vote!:thumbsup:

sweets
26-09-2009, 05:31 PM
try ebay and seach urban detour and then twin/multiples and you will see about 5 for £50.00

thanks just had a look and ive got my eye on one! its a drive away but not too far, looks a nice pram, just a bit worried about the width of it and wether it will fit through the average doorway, but i think most of them do nowadays don't they?

Chatterbox Childcare
27-09-2009, 12:27 AM
I couldn't get it through my front door. When I go out I find that there are double doors nearly everywhere

Are you going after a red one?

Sally G
27-09-2009, 07:42 AM

Ive got a second hand maclaren double and the hight is fne for me - im 5'1

sweets
27-09-2009, 07:44 AM
I couldn't get it through my front door. When I go out I find that there are double doors nearly everywhere

Are you going after a red one?

it was a red one i was looking at but decided not to now, as i read some reviews on it and people have said its too wide for a lot of doorways.
i really want a tandem one i think so it will fit in my narrow hallway.
Will keep looking:)