PDA

View Full Version : little tikes jungle climber good or not

mushpea
26-09-2009, 02:51 PM
hi really like the look of this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320426302577&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

but not sure about the safty thing, does anyone have one of these? if so what rules do you have for it and how safe is it. also what would be the oldest child that could go on it .
i look after the following
10month old
2yrold
3yrold
5yrold
6yrold
9yrold
11yrold

really wanted somthing for the garden but not sure what so if not the above then what could i get for them to play on?

Mouse
26-09-2009, 03:01 PM
We had one for a couple of years, but got rid of it in the summer.

It's for ages 3+, so probably not suitable for the younger ones. It is quite high off the ground and has a bit at the top that they can crawl through, but tend to climb over, so not all that safe for any who are a bit unsteady.

Also, it's not sturdy enough for the older ones. My boys did used to climb on it and bits would pop out of place if they were too heavy for it.

But, for the 3-6 year olds, it was fab. My own children loved it at that age, as did the mindees. The only reason that I got rid of it was that my own children got too big for it, but the mindees were too young for it. It took up a lot of space when no one was using it. Also on the plus side, they do keep their value pretty well. I bought ours for just over £100 and sold it 3 years later for £90!

helenlc
26-09-2009, 06:41 PM
I wouldnt allow younger than 3s on it anyway due to the height of the platform, it is quite far to fall.

Likewise, as PP said, the bigger ones tend to climb all over it and the little ones might try to copy.

Its hard to get it right, I have found, when you have such a mix of ages. I got a big slide with the 3 yr old I had at the time but now its a bit redundant as I have a just 2 yr old and 16 mth old. Its recommended for 3 and over and is very tall.

I have this for the younger ones:

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Outdoor-and-Sports/Playcentres/Little-Tikes-Junior-Activity-Gym-in-Sunshine(0071721)

The 2 yr old and 16 mth old use it fine but the 2 yr old is almost at the bottom of the slide part when she sits at the top.

Friends had this one:

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Outdoor-and-Sports/Playcentres/Little-Tikes-8in1-Playground(0033947)

Its great and the platforms dont seem so high. Their kids went on it til they were older and I think there is more scope for the older ones to be able to amuse themselves on it too.

The only alternative is to have an older ones part of the garden and a younger one, so the younger ones cannot go on the older ones equipment. I could do this as I have quite a long garden but the only big ones I have are my own and they are quite sensible about what they can do with the LOs watching!!:laughing:

mushpea
26-09-2009, 07:18 PM
thanks for your oppinons, i think i will give it a miss, we go to lots of parks and stuff anyway so will probably not bother then, maybe i will look for a wendy house insted, we have lots of stuff in the garden like ride on toys and bats and balls , sand pit and water play stuff and a sand pit but just wonded if i should have somthing for them to climb on but i guess the park will do.
thanks

flora
26-09-2009, 10:41 PM
Now I was gonna say say get it :blush:

my lot are 3, 4, 7x2 10 and 12.

they all still play on it.

DD from 12months and R has played on it from 18months ish with no probs.

miffy
27-09-2009, 08:30 AM
Pity you can't go and have a look at one set up somewhere, it might be easier to see if you thought your children could manage it.

Miffy xx

The Juggler
27-09-2009, 03:14 PM
I'd go for the bigger one up in the little tikes range, with the open top playhouse at the back. All my littliles can get on it (from age 2) and the 10 year olds love to sit on the top and the girls age 7 and 6 love to make dens and sit out of the sun with an icepop after school. bit pricey though - even on e-bay £299. I got my for £75 second hand from someone. It's £499 in toys r us and it's not that big!!

suits all ages though. if you can get a second hand one I have to say they are fab. Because it's not anchored you can move it around the garden so it doesn't make your grass bald!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LITTLE-TIKES-8-IN-1-COLOURFUL-ADJUSTABLE-PLAYGROUND_W0QQitemZ310165358553QQcmdZViewItemQQim sxZ20090831?IMSfp=TL0908311610004r28338

manjay
27-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Now I was gonna say say get it :blush:

my lot are 3, 4, 7x2 10 and 12.

they all still play on it.

DD from 12months and R has played on it from 18months ish with no probs.

Me too! Have to say I probably wouldn't have gone out and bought it but I was in Woolies one day and found one really really cheap in a damaged box:clapping: It is one of my most used pieces of equipment in the garden. My own children and mindees love it. Mine are between 2 and 10 and they all use it in some way

uf353432
27-09-2009, 06:18 PM
I would say get it as well, we were given ours free of charge and my 15 mth old plays on it up to aged 10 mindee and everything in between. Clearly with younger children they will just need more supervision - but they would be in no more danger on this at home than they would on some things you can get at the park. Looks like a bargain to me!!

mushpea
27-09-2009, 07:27 PM
well, had a change of heart after the last few oppions and have bid,not going highter than the £25 though so finger s crossed, will let you know what happens shortly as it ends in about 5mins!!!

mushpea
27-09-2009, 07:33 PM
big hmph,,, didnt win cause someone bid higher in the last acutual minute:eek: :angry:
oh well, will save my pennies and look for somthing else