PDA

View Full Version : Isn't it nice to feel appreciated?

MissTinkerbell
25-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Mindee's mum phoned on Monday morning and said that little one had had a 'squirty bum' all weekend but she was almost certain that it was teeth related - he'd been dribbling and chewing fingers all the previous week.

She wanted to know if I'd still have him or as she was working from home she could keep him there. I knew she had exams to do so said that I'd have him.

So all week I've had a teething baby with a squirty bum and very sore nappy rash whilst having a bad cold myself.

Mum came tonight to pick him bringing a bottle of wine and some flowers to say thank you for looking after him so well even though I was feeling rough myself.

miffy
25-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Yes it was nice of her.

Just hope the squirty bum isn't contagious and you don't end up with it.

Enjoy your wine, sounds like you might need it :)

Miffy xx

Trouble
25-09-2009, 04:25 PM
at last a nice parent :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: well done you xxxxxx

MissTinkerbell
25-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Yes it was nice of her.

Just hope the squirty bum isn't contagious and you don't end up with it.

Enjoy your wine, sounds like you might need it :)

Miffy xx

No its definitely teeth as mum discovered 2 new teeth this morning and I think that if it had been contagious I would have had it by now - I'm usually first to go down with a tummy bug!!!!

little miss chatterbox
25-09-2009, 04:37 PM
awwwww how lovely! there are some nice parents out there!

Demonjill
25-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Thats really nice to hear.

Enjoy your wine!:thumbsup:

uf353432
25-09-2009, 05:24 PM
that is really sweet of her.

My mindees dad collects on Monday and Tuesday and he always asks me how my day was. I think this6 is very thoughtful since most parents ask the kids and are not that interested how my day was. Good for you for putting yourself out - sounds to me like is was a reward deserved

TheBTeam
25-09-2009, 05:31 PM
How nice, I was given a box of chocs this morning, completely took me by surprise.

Shivvie
25-09-2009, 07:37 PM
That's lovely :) . A little gift out of the blue really makes you feel appreciated.

Shirlwith3
26-09-2009, 05:51 AM
It is nice have parents like that.

I have a nice parent of 2 sisters one has been of for the past 3 days mum told me not to alter next months invoice as I normaly charge 1/2 for their sickness. She didn't want to mess me about how nice is that.