PDA

View Full Version : Spent ages and ages ....

Lainey Lou
25-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Hi everyone, I'm due my first grading inspection shortly, (been saying this for the last 3 months but they haven't been in touch yet!) .... not complaining, the longer they take the longer I have to sort stuff out! Anyway, seem to have spent a lifetime completing my SEF and now, as we all know, the form is about to change. Well I've almost finished my form and I really really don't feel like going back to the drawing board and spending even more time on it and re-doing the new form, so would it be okay to submit the one that I have already done as long as I do it before the date in October when it changes? Ofsted won't expect me to do the new one will they if inspect me after that date? xx

miffy
25-09-2009, 04:23 PM
You can submit your sef at any time (keep a copy).

I don't know if they will expect you to have updated it - I suppose it depends how long after the new sef is on-line they inspect you iyswim.

The new sef is available in free downloads so at least you can have a look at it.

If your inspection is fairly soon you can just say you will be reviewing it in a few months

Miffy xx

sarah707
25-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Ofsted do not expect you to have completed the new Sef immediately it comes out.

It will be a gradual process as people move over to it from the old one next time they assess and evaluate.

It is good practice to read and understand the new Sef and think about how the questions might impact your work :D

babs
25-09-2009, 07:02 PM
i had my 1st graded inspection 2 weeks ago had only been mindin for a week so i didnt fill mine in explained she was nice said not to worry .....