View Full Version : Film for non-safety glass?

25-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Can you get film for glass that isn't safety, could anyone recommend any particular type and whether it is any good. I do want to get the glass replaced asap (I'm moving house) but just for the interim period. Thanks!

Lainey Lou
25-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Hi there, it depends what you need to cover, you can get safety film for glass from Mothercare, but it will only cover a small area. I had to cover my patio doors eek: so ordered it from a place called Chesterford Ltd (found them on the internet), they cut it to size etc but it wasn't cheap (£90) for 4 large sheets, however, I did ring around a few places and they were the cheapest by far. :) xx

25-09-2009, 04:43 PM
I bought some in Mothercare a while ago, would imagine you could easily get it on Kiddicare too. Bit fiddly to put on especially over a large area as you need to make sure there are no air bubbles but seems ok. None of the glass has broken thankfully so not sure how great it is in that respect but it has stayed attached for nearly a year without any problems. Hope that helps.

25-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Thank you so much - appreciate it!:)

25-09-2009, 05:14 PM
I got mine from Ebay :thumbsup:

*** to get the air bubbles out, but mine is over patterned glass so doesnt show so much :)

25-09-2009, 08:15 PM
The air bubbles gradually disappear - mine has been on the television cabinet for about 6 weeks and only half a dozen left :clapping:

I was given mine but it had come from Mothercare, I did see some in Toys-R-Us a couple of days ago though.

25-09-2009, 09:08 PM
b and q have some as well not sure on price sorry