PDA

View Full Version : I am sooo angry!!!

Lily Grace
25-09-2009, 12:08 PM
My two older mindees have really been testing my patience at the moment. This morning I was cleaning away the breakfast dishes and I thought the living room was quiet so popped my head in and the two mindees weren't there so I looked at the stairs and one mindee (who is 8 and I have had a few problems with her before) was sitting on the stairs. I asked her where E was and she said upstairs. I called out for E and he popped his head over the banister and I said what are you doing up there and he said "Ohh I like it upstairs". The children are not allowed upstairs without telling me he obviously was not in the toilet he was probably in one of the bedrooms. I am so angry and I really dont need the stress of these two children anymore. I have text both parents at work to call me and they haven't so I am going to write both mums a letter exaplaining that if there behaviour doesn't change I will have to give notice, do you think I am over reacting?

haribo
25-09-2009, 12:24 PM
if its not an isolated incident and they defy you constantly then youre not overracting .. however if they were just bored and looking for a bit of adventure they maybe didnt think it was wrong to go upstairs and you will have to make it perfectly clear it musnt happen again . if you are having problems with them though you need to be firm and speak to mum about their behaviour and come up with some strategies to deal with it, older kids often try and test you to see what they can get away with . if you have tried everything and still not happy with them i suppose it depends how much you need the money as to whether you persevere :rolleyes:

Lady Haha
25-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Wow, sounds like the two I've got at the moment!! Read my post called Dilemma update in members area as some of the advice I was given might help you too.

I have been putting up with this behaviour for nearly a year!

mabel
25-09-2009, 03:25 PM
at 8 there behaviour is unacceptable

you are not covered presumably for rooms upstairs except perhaps a bathroom, at age they should be obeying the rules.

In 15 years and 60 children I have only lost one up the stairs, but he only did
it the once !

make your rules clear to them.

OrlandoBelle
25-09-2009, 03:51 PM
If they are stressing you out that much then give them their notice. It'll only make you ill worrying and stressing about them. I know exactly how you feel and know how children of that age's minds work! They can be so devious and sneaky can't they? Don't give in to them. I hope it all works out for you hun. x

Lily Grace
25-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Had a chat with both parents, mindee E's mum was really shocked that he had done it then told me that mindee M is really sneaky and E probably wouldn't have done it without being told to do it. I have had a few problems with M being nasty to my daughter.

sunnysmile
25-09-2009, 09:23 PM
I often find with older mindees that they like to feel that they are really helpful, I tend to get them to help me with younger ones as they feel more responsible when they feel they are more mature. It also helps them be more settled in my experience. Even building towers for babies to knock down can make them feel great as they are being helpful. IYSWIM :laughing: