PDA

View Full Version : HMRC EMAIL SCAM

Straws
25-09-2009, 08:33 AM
Dear Applicant,

The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and as applicable, copyright in these is reserved to HM Revenue & Customs. Unless expressly authorised by us, any further dissemination or distribution of this email or its attachments is prohibited.

If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please reply to inform us that you have received this email in error and then delete it without retaining any copy.

I'm writing to confirm that after the last annual calculation of your fiscal activity we have determined that you are eligible to receive a tax refund of 327.54 GBP

We have attached the tax return form with the TAX REFUND NUMBER ID: 381716209, complete the tax return form attached to this message.

After completing the form, please submit the form by clicking the SUBMIT button on form and allow us 5-9 business days in order to process it.

If you have any questions, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) or visit our head office address can be found on our web site at xxxx

Yours sincerely,
xxxx
Manager, HM Revenue & Customs Tax Credit

TAX RETURN FOR THE YEAR 2009
RECALCULATION OF YOUR TAX REFUND
HMRC 2008-2009
LOCAL OFFICE No. 3819
TAX CREDIT OFFICER: xxxx
TAX REFUND ID NUMBER: 381716209
REFUND AMOUNT: 327.54 GBP

This e-mail is generated by RSA Security United Kingdom on behalf of HM Renenue & Customs

It has a form attached which looks geniune, basically everything you need for identiy theft and access to your bank account,

Straws xx

caroljayne
25-09-2009, 08:40 AM
We have been warned about this scam in Devon also.

sarah707
25-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Thank you for the warning! :D

youarewhatyoueat
25-09-2009, 01:33 PM
There are dozens of these doing the rounds, my dh works for hmrc and he had a very excited man in the other day demanding his refund. Never click on any of the links on these emails.

chewy sweets
25-09-2009, 01:36 PM
:thumbsup: Thanks for that!

Cazz
25-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the warning :thumbsup:

Have to say, they do word them very convincingly don't they.

Chimps Childminding
25-09-2009, 01:48 PM
DH had this a while ago, luckily he was on the ball not to complete any details on the link, as we get loads of these from different banks asking us to update our accounts. Bit strange when we don't even have accounts at most of the banks :laughing: :laughing:

Chimps Childminding
25-09-2009, 01:51 PM
Just a warning there is one doing the rounds from Paypal as well. I had an email after I purchased something from ebay the other day to say there was a problem with the transaction and could I click on the link and re-enter my details.

As it was I emailed Paypal and asked them if they had sent it as I thought my transaction had been completed and they said it was a scam and to forward it on to both them and ebay!!

cuddlybunny38
25-09-2009, 03:10 PM
I had this the other day but just deleted it, I do not beleive emails like that so get rid of them x

MissTinkerbell
25-09-2009, 04:47 PM
Thanks for that. I get the ones from banks too, usually the Royal bank of Scotland where I have NEVER had an account.